Rear Upper Brake Light Bulb Rx300

moodieme

• 1 year later...
2000 RX300. Does anyone know how to get to the rear upper brake light bulb?? Mine has burned out. any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

To access the center brake light bulb you need to take out back panel where brake light bulb is of trunk(back) door.

It's easy to take it out but use gentle tool.

I've replaced the bulb on my 99 RX300. The plastic molding at the top of the rear window snaps off. I just grabbed it with my hands and it popped off. Putting it back on is a little tricker since you have to get it at just the right angle so it snaps back place. (I had it one once and thought it was fine but realized it was not on right when I stepped on the brake and could see the light shining)

• 4 years later...

If the light is the same as my 2001.. you have 3 silver clips 1 in the middle and two small one on the left and right. The housing pops out below the red reflecter. You have to press in the left and right tabs and pull down you may need to use a small srewdriver to push the clips in on the sides. The middle clip comes out easy.

If the light is the same as my 2001.. you have 3 silver clips 1 in the middle and two small one on the left and right. The housing pops out below the red reflecter. You have to press in the left and right tabs and pull down you may need to use a small srewdriver to push the clips in on the sides. The middle clip comes out easy.

If this is not too late, I just did my 1999 rx300. You can use a clamp remover (just like a screwdrive but the tip is a u shape thing with an angle). Be sure to start from your right site to pop up the panel on the real door. The left side is a clip, if you try to force popping from the left side, you are going to break the thing.

good luck.