Overheating Help!

My 94 lexus es300 is overheating, my temp guage is not registering the correct temperature. When my car overheats my temp guage reads cold (barley moves) My hydraulic fan does not come on at all, which leads me to believe it must be my temp sensor, problem is I cannot find it; Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated.

My 94 lexus es300 is overheating, my temp guage is not registering the correct temperature. When my car overheats my temp guage reads cold (barley moves) My hydraulic fan does not come on at all, which leads me to believe it must be my temp sensor, problem is I cannot find it; Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated.

To REMOVE ECT SENSOR located next to the radiator caps ( close to dog bone engine mounting)

Disconnect the ECT sensor connector.

Using a 19 mm deep socket wrench, remove the ECT sensor and gasket.

INSPECT ECT SENSOR

Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between the terminals.

Resistance: at 80F degree it should read around 2K ohm

if the resistance is not as specified, replace the ECT sensor.

REINSTALL ECT SENSOR

Install a new gasket to the ECT sensor.

Using a 1 9 mm deep socket, install the ECT sensor.

Torque: 20 N.m (200 kgf.cm, 14 ft.lb.)

Connect the ECT sensor connector.

REFILL WITH ENGINE COOLANT, it will be a good idea to change your thermostat as well.

Ok. my ps is ok, I've switched out the ECT Sensor and that fixed my temp guage problem thanks! But still my hyraulic fan is still not coming on, I have checked all of my fuses, and they all seem to be ok! I have a new water pump, and t-Stat. Any advice!

Ok. my ps is ok, I've switched out the ECT Sensor and that fixed my temp guage problem thanks! But still my hyraulic fan is still not coming on, I have checked all of my fuses, and they all seem to be ok! I have a new water pump, and t-Stat. Any advice!

if the temp gauge is ok now, and all the fuse is ok (make sure double check), have you check another temp sensor for cooling fan? it is located by the thermostat housing. If you follow the hose that coming from radiator to the thermostat housing (just behind the engine oil cap), it should have another sensor, first unplug it and start the engine see if the fan spinning high. If it spin then the fan no problem, sensor is bad if it still does not spin it could have other problem.