Ls With 418k

3ztwint

Just checked out cars.com, and some dude in sacramento has an LS with 418k on it, that's crazy, and he still wants like 4500 for it! Just another testament to the reliability of a lex, esp an LS. I think that the reason that we don't see more of them with ridiculous amounts of miles is simply due to the fact that they've only been around for like 14 years, and the typical person would drive no where even close to that. What do you guys think, is the average LS that is maintained good to go for at least 300k and the only reason we don't see many at this range due to the fact that it hasn't been around for too long, or do you have another philosphy. Let's hear some opinions!

J

Supposedly the LS 1uzfe engine is expected to reach and exceed the 400k mile mark- up to 600K + miles from the Lexus engineers in Japan.

Time and the elements are what eventually cripples our vehicles....Its a solid machine!!!

If someone could put 50K a year on the LS, it would take it no problemo....

There was a guy (in Big Sky country) with an 89/90 LS that has 500k miles+ on it - HE was on the cover of LEXUS magazine last summer.

There is no doubt the LS can go 500K and more........ :cheers:

yes, the 1UZ-FE engine is built like a tank. i read somewhere that the 1UZ-FE engine has been known to handle 2,600 HP!! any engine that can produce and handle that kind of pony power that wasn't designed specifically for that purpose is amazing. my 94 currently has 166k on it and expect to see that number double with me as the owner.

:cheers:

Heh.. my car has 198,000 miles... im gunna push out about 1,000,000 miles hopefully :)

Hehe, 1,000,000 me too! Realistically, I'm hoping for 400k-500k. I'm at 231k right now; I expect the engine will go on forever, but I have a feeling that the tranny will go around 300k(I do regular fluid changes, and shifts are very smooth, but the hard lurch is not a promising thing.)

Heh.. my car has 198,000 miles... im gunna push out about 1,000,000 miles hopefully :)

Hehe, 1,000,000 me too! Realistically, I'm hoping for 400k-500k. I'm at 231k right now; I expect the engine will go on forever, but I have a feeling that the tranny will go around 300k(I do regular fluid changes, and shifts are very smooth, but the hard lurch is not a promising thing.)

Blake,

I think I remember a thread about that lurch...........didn't Lexus put a TSB out on the ECM of the 95-97 LS's to fix the "lurch"??????