Has Anyone Bought The Cd Rom Service Manuals..

...from the guy on eBay? He is selling the CD ROM for around $15. I was just wondering if the info on the CD is the same as the print version of the factory repair manuals that go for $120+

I bought a manual on CD a year ago, it is a bunch of pdf files (about 40MB total)

I turned out to be absolutely identical (test and pictures) to '98 Mitchell OnDemand manual. Not as good as latest OnDemand 5 but worth 15-20 bucks, has all the right pics, torque specs and wiring diagrams.

I bought one for an RX off of ebay (the CD-ROM) and for $15, I guess it isn't too bad, but not a whole lot of information. I REALLY want the factory service manual, but I guess I will wait and fork over the $175 when I can stomach it. For the $$, they are OK, but don't expect to be too impressed.

I bought the CD on EBay for about 20 bucks w/shipping-It too was a Mitchell on Demand type. It is a totally useless partial scan of a repair book. Really just a little better than the Owners Manual. I noticed the seller had later been removed as an approved EBay vendor.

Live and learn.

Hi Folks,

Just got my CD Rom manual, and I think it's the factory manual. Sez copyright 2001 Lexus, and it's just packed full of info. Just did a quick scan of one of the sections, but it's quite detailed.

You can get it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3685041470

Again, I just spent a couple of seconds looking at it, but it appears to be the factory manual, not Mitchell. (I didn't a Find for Mitchell and returned nothing)

Cheers,

Fred

• 1 month later...