Windows

I purchased a used 2000 Lexus GS300 last year. I just noticed that the windows in the car says "Toyota" instead of "Lexus". The car is in great condition and runs great. But this concerns me. Does this mean that the windows were replaced? <_<

I purchased a used 2000 Lexus GS300 last year. I just noticed that the windows in the car says "Toyota" instead of "Lexus". The car is in great condition and runs great. But this concerns me. Does this mean that the windows were replaced? <_<

oh yeah, don't be discouraged about the "toyota" signs. just a little JDM crash course for you...

Lexus GSXXX = Toyota Aristo

toyota_aristo_engine_bay.sized.jpg

toyota_aristo_interior.sized.jpg

ARISTO_FRONT_END_FINAL.sized.jpg

ARISTO_REAR_FINAL.sized.jpg

these are images of my car with a toyota aristo conversion. Very unique and it gets mad brownie points at all car shows.

Most likely not, toyota and lexus are the same companies, the only difference these days is where was the car made, japan-lexus, us-toyota. You may notice other parts that say toyota on them... same company

All are made in Japan. And all say toyota on the glass as SKperformance has already stated.

NO worried new

Maybe i am not picking up on a bad vibe ,i think everyone is just giving an opinion.

It is an honest question, i didn;t know that they have the script on euro ones glass. they migh even on the NA version i just haven't looked.

After 2001 All US Lexus say "Lexus" on the glass also. Apparently several owners complained about staring at "Toyota" on the windows. My ES and my dad's new 04 LS both say "Lexus" on the glass.

big- Please don't be rude...

After 2001 All US Lexus say "Lexus" on the glass also. Apparently several owners complained about staring at "Toyota" on the windows. My ES and my dad's new 04 LS both say "Lexus" on the glass.

Yup. 98-00 says Toyota. 01+ says Lexus.

Its one of the first things I recall my dad commenting on back when he first got his old 98 LS, that the windows said Toyota not Lexus. Smart of them to change that I suppose.

just givin a hard time :cheers:

ok blk when did lexus change the name on the glass if it is such common knowledge in North america?

I am thinking you totally missed what I was saying...

I never said that anything was common knowledge.

I was responding to the early question of, "How can someone buy a car and not know a thing about it?Im not trying to be an but DUH! " and when I responded, "They knew enough to get the best out there...and that would be MORE THAN ENOUGH..."...what my point was was that Missy knew enough about the car (that it was the best out there) and that that was enough knowledge about the car if you ask me. (kinda a props to Lexus type thing)

As far as your challenge...I have no clue, thus the reason I did not address the windows directly.

:cheers:

:) Thanks for help.

I am well aware that Toyota/Lexus are the same company. I did a lot of research before I purchased this car. I really did not notice the writing on the windows when I purchased the car. However, lately when notice another Lexus, the windows says "Lexus". I guess I have just been noticing later lexus models.

Thanks again. Now I can give people an intelligent answer as to why my "Lexus" has windows that show "Toyota". And I have been asked about this more than once.

You all have been great. Thanks

why my "Lexus" has windows that show "Toyota". And I have been asked about this more than once.

You all have been great. Thanks

when you have a great car someone always has to look for something bad or substandard :chairshot:

Actually I've been surprised by how many people don't know Lexus is made by Toyota. My cousin in law to be (I think lol) has a Rav 4 and has done a lot of research about Toyotas and he was very surprised to find out Lexus was made by Toyota. I showed him how his Rav 4 and my ES have the same exterior door handles ;)