92-96 Wipers

i know i've been gone for some time, but i just met a guy out this way with a 96 coach edition es300. he was helping me find the correct wiperblades for my 92.

i was just wondering if any of yall had noticed an issue with your wipers not fitting correctly. mine are 21" and 19" but they don't fit right. The passenger wiper rests on the lip and the driver side wipes all the way off the edge of the windshield (just the blade, not the whole arm). for this reason, it wore out my wipers EXTREMELY fast.

We went to look at the guy's blades, and they were doing the exact same thing..just wondering if any others have this issue and if so, how you resolved it?

i ended up with a 20 on the driver side and a 16 on the passenger...It sure looks funny but at least it works now! Just wanted to let yall know, cuz i think it messed up the alignment of the arms, they don't seem to go under the hood anymore due to the stress.. BUT I CAN SEE NOW! w00t!

wow..i'm still a babbler ;)

the wiper motor has a switch to make them sit under the hood line just unplug the single wire plug on the motor and twist it 180 degrees and reinstall to return to summer mode.

You arms may be out of alignment easy fix

i never messed with the switch though, that's the thing. I never changed it from winter to summer or summer to winter. So it should still be sliding under the hood, it did until i replaced the wipers. I know the switch you're talking about though. Can i still align it that back even if i didn't change the setting?

i never messed with the switch though, that's the thing. I never changed it from winter to summer or summer to winter. So it should still be sliding under the hood, it did until i replaced the wipers. I know the switch you're talking about though. Can i still align it that back even if i didn't change the setting?

If the alignment is off and you are in the "Summer" position the arms need to be re-adjusted. Loosen the nuts that hold the arms in place. Set each arm at its proper level position on the base of the windshield. Tighten the nuts again and you should be good to go. Just make sure the bolts are nice and tight (w/o being over tightened) in order to prevent them from coming loose while you are using them.

I've tried a NAPA wiper blade (not sure the model but it was the best blade they offered) & what a difference it made over the Bosch blades!! No comparisn! B) I will get the NAPA blades again even over the PIAA which I think are WAY overpriced. :whistles:

:cheers:

Michelin makes some killer new wipers- mine are 21", and 18" for a 97' if I remember correctly? Does the 97' have the same summer/winter mode?

After looking at the way they fit, how in the heck do they replace the windshield without messing up your hood?

I'm pretty sure the 97 - 01 ES have the winter/summer wiper feature. B) Quite handy actually. One nice feature Subaru has on their all new Legacy & Outback models is a wiper de-icer feature......worth it's weight in gold in the northern climates! Lexus should consider this feature as a "winter" package. :)

:cheers:

On my 92 I put the 97-01 es300 wiper blades and refills because the refills are made from a much better soft material and its a smooth clean. I found that the original refills don't clean that well but what i did was i took 2 of the LS400 driver side refills and cut them to size they work very well becuase they have a graphite coating on them.