Inferior Ride And Handling?

ROBERT-A

After reading some of the comments. See what I like about the GX.

Its the more soft cushy ride. Not sure what the setting is but not

going to change. Did drive a X5 that was the roughest, rattles,

it was a quick ride, maybe those big ole tires.

All the comments about sporty driving and handling of an SUV or

truck. No wonder see so many wrecks, things werent designed to

be driven that way, they are trucks. Man buy a car based unit or

a sport car if that is what looking for. Have seen several women

fly by in a suburban have to make a quick manuver and almost

lose it. They dont realize how much mass they have there.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for that reason, I think the VW Touareg would be the top choice for the mid-size if you are looking for a car based SUV but with the off-road capabilities of a truck based mid-sized SUV.

NO, NO, NO! I had a Touareg for almost a year. VW does not have the gremlins worked our of this vehicle yet. They tried hard, and voluntarily bought it back. Stick with your GX - you can park it in your garage, not theirs. The Touareg is a great vehcle whose time has not yet come.

Bruce

NO, NO, NO!  I had a Touareg for almost a year.  VW does not have the gremlins worked our of this vehicle yet.  They tried hard, and voluntarily bought it back.  Stick with your GX - you can park it in your garage, not theirs.  The Touareg is a great vehcle whose time has not yet come.

Bruce

I looked seriously at the Touareg before deciding on the GX. The VW dealer was right next door to the Lexus dealer, which made direct comparison easy. I liked the exterior of the VW better, but even though it's interior was attractive, it wasn't as nice as the Lexus.

I also did not think the VW was as quiet and plush as the Lexus. My main criteria for choosing the GX though, was reliability. I read lots of on line boards on the touareg and the GX, and there was just no comparicon. People were having more problems with the VW then I cared to become involved in. Probably as a consequence of it's poor reliabilty, the resale value on the VW was not going to be what that of the Lexus was either.

first of all spending 50k for a car whos badge says "peoples car" is not like me....if im going to spend 50k im going to spend on something that has a rep. (benz. lexus, acura, etc.) everytime i c a toureg...i laugh at the driver ans say that idiot payed 50k 4 a piece of crap......i no ppl might disagree with me but that is how i feel...n e 1 read the article on VW in that magzine..(srry cant remember it) it was good...

I had an RX330 for 5 months and traded it for a GX. The RX is based on a car chassis and is a completely different drive than my GX. I'm much happier with the GX overall. During the winter, I was pushing snow with my front bumper of the RX and came close to being stuck several times. Although I was able to get where I needed to go, the RX had a tough time in the snow ruts. I wanted a 4WD that would better handle deep snow and some light off roading, while being very civilized and comfortable on-road. So far, the GX is great. I actually prefer driving it over an LX.

If you are driving an LS or GS and hop into a GX, the GX is going to seem strange. If you look at it for what it is, a luxury SUV, it's a great vehicle.