Rear shocks

sexyrexy71

So I put new KYB shocks on my SC300. The fronts feel perfect but the rears are bouncy on a undulating road. They feel blown out with little rebound damping out of the box. I am kinda disappointed, KYB’s are usually excellent. I am considering Tokico blue rears. Does anyone have an opinion or experience with this?

I had KYB shocks on my 1989 Mazda MX6 GT and they were perfectly fine. Did you verify that you received two fronts and two rears and that they were installed in the right locations?  I would call KYB and explain the situation to solicit their opinion. One of my brothers had Tokiko struts installed on his Honda Prelude, but they were very stiff - much more so that the OEM struts. 
 It is never a good idea to install different brands from front to rear or side to side, just as you should not do that with tires.

O

You can’t put the fronts on the rear or rears on front the bottom mount is different. Hell the original Tokico Oem shocks were better with 113,000 and 27 years on them. Just thought it was strange because my experience w KYB’s have always been good. They just feel underdamped and bouncy over big bumps while the front tracks perfect. I ordered the Tokico’s we shall see. 

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed kyb, no reply. I rolled the dice, ordered TRQ rear shocks because a friend had good things to say about them on his 350Z. They are very firm and controlled, no more bouncing and bucking. Highly recommended for a low cost stock replacement. I wish I had put them on the front too. For $100 I fixed the problem. 

• Like 1