Sway Bars

TOYOTA

Hi, I'm new to this forum, i just bought a 2002 IS300. I love the car, but want to make it a little bit stiffer on cornering. I'm not planing of replacing the springs and shocks for now, but if you have any suggestions, go a head. i want to put thicker sway bars, but i don't want to go too crazy on them. can you give me some ideas of good sway bars that some of you already have. places to buy would help too.

10x

a larger rim, say an 18", and low profile tires will help the cornering.

email Mr. Sypher for some help there. (PM function won't work for you until you hit a post count of 20).

Look at TireRack.com for you possibilities too.

sway bar help may be found at lextasy.com, one of our authorized traders.

You might fancy a few cosmetic items (like eyelids or a lip spoilers) from there, too. See the add link in several places on th is website.

steviej

a larger rim, say an 18", and low profile tires will help the cornering.

email Mr. Sypher for some help there.  (PM function won't work for you until you hit a post count of 20).

Look at TireRack.com for you possibilities too.

sway bar help may be found at lextasy.com, one of our authorized traders.

You might fancy a few cosmetic items (like eyelids or a lip spoilers) from there, too.  See the add link in several places on th is website.

steviej

i want to keep my stock wheels(i have the 5 spoke, 17"), i like them, plus i just put new tires on them. i think that thicker sway bars would do the job, so the car doesn't lean as much on fast turns(like highway exits). i found some sways at tirerack.com, the ones from Eibah may work for me. have any body installed those yet?

General rule, the bigger the diameter of the bar, the stiffer. Also you have to watch out for the front to rear stiffness difference or you can end up with a tail happy or twitchy car.

i know, that's way i want to check if some one have installed some bars yet, so they could recomend me the right ones.

btw, does any one know part numbers for TRD sway bars for IS?

i know, that's way i want to check if some one have installed some bars yet, so they could recomend me the right ones.

btw, does any one know part numbers for TRD sway bars for IS?

Check out the .net store at www.is300.net

Also check their articles on sway bar tests.

The decision mainly depends on how you intend to drive your car. Based on what you have said, the TRD yellows are probebly best.