Update On My Vvt-i Turbo

After about 12 hours of tuning on the dyno (literally) and a few runs @ 10-14 lbs, SP started turning up the boost a little.......e-manage crapped out. It's no longer implementing the changes that are programmed into it. I threw up my hands and gave up on this project (not the first time :) ) and told Lar let's throw in the towel. He wouldn't give up so easy, so the e-man is going out the window (at speed :) ) and SP will be installing an AEM EMS and C2DI plus a couple other small things. This will be the first VVT-i car with an AEM (no plug and play for these applications). Big up to Lar for his dedication and professionalism....thx brother. Parts are all being sent next day, so they'll be in on Mon and will be headed straight into the car, i'll have an update next week. I'll have to toast Larry/Gary/Ivan at the wedding, also thx to Jason Siebels.

For the record....not only is the e-manage an absolute piece of garbage, but GReddy tech support is the biggest bunch of jerkoffs i've had to deal with. Toshi is the worst of them, this guy needs an attitude readjustment, too bad he's not local. I won't be buying any more of their products.

- Jon

Jon,

Long time - well sort of. Long time coming on this thing though. I'm beginning to think you've picked up where Ethan left off eh? ;) Can I rib ya a little? Frankly, I thought you would ditch that pos emanage along with the shredded blocks. Shotty support deserves no play. What is this C2DI? I want juice on it. Hot coils, cold plugs? Wasted spark? AEM .... nice. More datalogging than point hungry process anlaysis techno nerd. The thing blows my mind. Wish I had the time to figure it out. Sound Performance and the poeple there has impressed me very much. The only people to actually spend some time with me. I made a trip to their shop once upon a time with my '93. My plans never worked out on that one though. Maybe some day I'll go for some more flow on my dawg. Sounds like your whip is getting the 5 star treatment it deserves eh? Aside from the block fiasco. Why do the vendors and suppliers on this scene as whole suck so bad? Leave it up to the customer to sort the bs. I see new product every day that are utter *BLEEP* and touted as the next big thing. Please. So do you have some numbers for us yet on this 10 to 14 pound roller run? Best wishes man.

Don't sacrifice the car because of frustrations from individuals representing various companies though Toyota or otherwise. Ultimately, we gotta do what we gotta do, but this banshee will be right. It's up to you in the end man. Hang in there my man.

Peace.

AJ

bean...no cage, this will be my everyday driver, besides there's zero need for it.

AJ...take a min and read up on the AEM C2DI ignition, it's lighter and far more powerful than the competition, Jason Siebels swears by it. As for following Ethan's path, definitely wasn't looking to, but the budget for this has skyrocketed. Didn't know you'd been to SP, glad to see they treated you right..when I call they know me by voice at this point. The lower boost runs netted almost 400rwhp, tuned very safe to preserve the new motor. Thanks for the support man.

- Jon

It's reputation multiplier yo.

I'll do what I can whenever. Went to SP back in 01. We were going to do something and then I totalled my car at the time. Fast forward to now. I need a tune. To say the least. Balls to the walls. Low boost at 400 ponies is way cool. I might be at that high boostin'.

You know you want a cage. ;)

For me....i'd have to be running single digits to justify a cage, and anyone that wasn't making major power or competitively road racing one of these cars with a cage in it would be a poser in my eyes....but that's just me. Is that the Cusco, bean?

Its 13,000 Yen and solid. Thats about all i care about. Its probably a knock-off, but hopefully itll stiffen up the mid-section a bit. Best thing is the removable cross bar and with it out its not too easy to see through my tint.