Fastest Sc 300 (is This True?)

and besides, the 2jzgte run high 10's on stock turbos if tuned properly.

High 10's? <_< I thought the Stock Supra TT was running mid to Low 13s?

they do.....but just cus its got the stock hair dryers doesnt meant its runnin stock boost or anything else stock for that matter..

yes, that's what i mean...but im just saying he can do better easily...im not trying to shoot him down, mad props.

So where's your video then BlackSC. I'd pay to see a Supra TT run a 10 on stock twins. I don't think we are realizing just how fast that is. As far as an SC going faster than ten in street trim - I think there is one guy that might have done it, but I have no proof. It was a stroked gte with a t51 dumping 1000cc's per squirter through 12 injectors to say the least on a power glid and dana 60 if I have those few details straight. If that's easy.... well - the previous record in street trim (that means full weight) was a Toyomoto car at 10.8 that is proven.

I think it's easy to say, I can run 10's. Doing it is another thing. Hell, a 12 second car is going to beat 90% of everything on the street.

oh hell yeah man, no doubt that 10 sec is hella fast. but if you want to compare 10's with supras, rx-7s, and sti's that does 6's...that's another story.

awj, i wont challenge that sc...just yet. but dont worry, i'll have something for everyone...

if you go on tremek and supraforums, theres few supras running high 10's to low 11's on STOCK turbos. now of course, theyr at BPU++ or even APU upragrades. um.....theres actaully a whole article on this on MKIV.com

actually, i really suppport soarers making good times out there...but all i've been saying is...SOARERS CAN DO BETTER THAN 10's, which is already superb. throw on a T04 with proper upgrades and he'll be doing 9's..........

Based on simple math calculations(which i have neither patience to provide nor calculate and i just woke up) you can see the horsepower limitations of the stock turbos and fuel system. What if you did have a fuel system that could support a t04r but youre on the stock twins? Well, look at the compressor maps for the stock twin turbo. Actually, let me stop saying twin turbo since the 1JZ is the only engine with true twin turbo. The 2JZ is sequential and not really suited for drag. Anyways...the CT12? Yeah, im not even going to go there. Sure the CT12B has a steel wheel, but you cant boost it up that far. I could see 13s on relatively stock and 12s with cams, full exhaust, fuel upgrade and a nice tune. The only way i could see 10s with stock turbos are if they are in the back seat distributing out some weight. It might be possible for someone to do it, but i have no idea how they would.

i understand where you're coming from bean, and it does make sense.

but if a stock 93 supra registered in at low 13's (13.3) on all stock settings which is 11psi, i can see it doing better when it is boosted around 18psi. you can push the stock even further, but it will crap out after that race for sure...

with a vpc/afc, fmic instead of the stock smic, lsd, adjustable cam gears and so fourth to advance valve timings and getting the stock twins to run optimally, i can see them doing much better than low 13s dont you think??

i understand where you're coming from bean, and it does make sense.

but if a stock 93 supra registered in at low 13's (13.3) on all stock settings which is 11psi, i can see it doing better when it is boosted around 18psi. you can push the stock even further, but it will crap out after that race for sure...

with a vpc/afc, fmic instead of the stock smic, lsd, adjustable cam gears and so fourth to advance valve timings and getting the stock twins to run optimally, i can see them doing much better than low 13s dont you think??

FWIW, the issue of Road and Track that I have in front of me tested it at 13.7. I'm sure it's possible to go quicker, but a half a second is a lot.

STI that does 6??? Please. Man, I'm sure your intentions are well but you are extremely exaggerating. There is no stock chassis vehicle that is going to run a 6 second quarter mile and the last one I'd expect is a STI. An STI is a rally car. They couldn't hang with me on the highway. You want to say they could run a six?? I've heard of one stock CT12 TT hit tens with huge fuel and propane. 1. RX7's at weight do not run 10's. Maybe one or two that run high 10. It's a 1.3 rotor motor. Even the three rotor 1.8 and 2.0 max a 600hp and make none before 5k rpm. Freakin Leigentfelter Corvettes and Henessy Vipers might run 9 maybe. The six figure supercars don't even hit 10's. How many street cars do you know of that run 10? I'm getting sleepy with this keyboard jockeying. Make me want to go to the track. Friday.

A TT 6spd Supra only requires dp, exhaust, and EBC to run 12's.

bean, most of the quicker mkiv's on stock twins run TTC.

I can think of one mkiv that runs a 10.9 on stock twins and spray...low 11's on stock twins with no juice has been done several times. These coupes are over 3600 lbs, have a weaker trans, and no LSD. Lots of labour and cash are needed, a couple of you make it sound like it's cake. SW's car holds the record for quickest street SC300, whereas the quickest NA-T street SC300 was the Toyomoto car AWJ mentioned, that record was set about four years ago and still hasn't been broken, so it's not an everyday occurence.

with a vpc/afc, fmic instead of the stock smic, lsd, adjustable cam gears and so fourth  to advance valve timings and getting the stock twins to run optimally, i can see them doing much better than low 13s dont you think??

A TT 6spd Supra only requires dp, exhaust, and EBC to run 12's.

bean, most of the quicker mkiv's on stock twins run TTC.

I can think of one mkiv that runs a 10.9 on stock twins and spray...low 11's on stock twins with no juice has been done several times. These coupes are over 3600 lbs, have a weaker trans, and no LSD. Lots of labour and cash are needed, a couple of you make it sound like it's cake. SW's car holds the record for quickest street SC300, whereas the quickest NA-T street SC300 was the Toyomoto car AWJ mentioned, that record was set about four years ago and still hasn't been broken, so it's not an everyday occurence.

I'm going after that 10.60 run ;) So far the first time out this year I've hit a 11.1@130mp with a 1.8 60ft. This was done on BFG drag radials, so once I get a bit more practice in and try to get my 60fts down, I'll hope to be in the mid 10's.

I'll keep you posted

btw, here is my 11.1 run

http://rise.gamester.net/ct11.1.wmv

Chris

STI that does 6??? Please. Man, I'm sure your intentions are well but you are extremely exaggerating. There is no stock chassis vehicle that is going to run a 6 second quarter mile and the last one I'd expect is a STI. An STI is a rally car. They couldn't hang with me on the highway. You want to say they could run a six?? I've heard of one stock CT12 TT hit tens with huge fuel and propane. 1. RX7's at weight do not run 10's. Maybe one or two that run high 10. It's a 1.3 rotor motor. Even the three rotor 1.8 and 2.0 max a 600hp and make none before 5k rpm. Freakin Leigentfelter Corvettes and Henessy Vipers might run 9 maybe. The six figure supercars don't even hit 10's. How many street cars do you know of that run 10? I'm getting sleepy with this keyboard jockeying. Make me want to go to the track. Friday.

awj...soundperformance has a supra that's does flat 7..............................

and not just you, but a lot of us underestimate the STi....honestly....i'll bet on an STi and the RX-7 motor ANY day over the 2jz.......first off...the 2jz is a fat *BLEEP*......it weighs as much as my v-8.........

yes....rx-7, 1.3 rotor...but do you know the weight on those things?? and the STi is a 4cylinder...again very light..........

yes...an STi is rally....but those things grip the floor a *BLEEP* load better than a RWD...especially with LSD on all 4 wheels.... ANYWAYS, rally cars should not be frowned upon to start with....

remember its not just all about horses....its the power to weight that counts....

STI that does 6??? Please.  Man, I'm sure your intentions are well but you are extremely exaggerating.  There is no stock chassis vehicle that is going to run a 6 second quarter mile and the last one I'd expect is a STI.  An STI is a rally car.  They couldn't hang with me on the highway.  You want to say they could run a six??  I've heard of one stock CT12 TT hit tens with huge fuel and propane.  1.  RX7's at weight do not run 10's.  Maybe one or two that run high 10.  It's a 1.3 rotor motor.  Even the three rotor 1.8 and 2.0 max a 600hp and make none before 5k rpm.  Freakin Leigentfelter Corvettes and Henessy Vipers might run 9 maybe.  The six figure supercars don't even hit 10's.  How many street cars do you know of that run 10?  I'm getting sleepy with this keyboard jockeying.  Make me want to go to the track.  Friday.

awj...soundperformance has a supra that's does flat 7..............................

and not just you, but a lot of us underestimate the STi....honestly....i'll bet on an STi and the RX-7 motor ANY day over the 2jz.......first off...the 2jz is a fat *BLEEP*......it weighs as much as my v-8.........

yes....rx-7, 1.3 rotor...but do you know the weight on those things?? and the STi is a 4cylinder...again very light..........

yes...an STi is rally....but those things grip the floor a *BLEEP* load better than a RWD...especially with LSD on all 4 wheels.... ANYWAYS, rally cars should not be frowned upon to start with....

remember its not just all about horses....its the power to weight that counts....

SP's car is still in the 9's.

Don't have time to go looking at internet numbers. Quickturbo has the proof. SW has the proof. SP has the proof. High 9's with the AC on to the track. Yea, that car is full weight but it is not running stock twins either. Remember, that was our original debate here? Right? We've keyboard jockeyed 5 different types of motors through here now.

I smashed the only STI I came across. Ain't skeered. I'm sure there is an STI somewhere that will smoke me. I don't care.

Quickturbo, great to see ya round. Saw the pass you had on film. IT was sweet. Keep up the good work. How's that big whisltin' single you're running treatin' ya? We will be in the Chi-town area in the end of summer I think. I hope to make Chicago 2k5. I'd like to see that thing in person eventually. I see Chris has his swap done now too? Everybody's got boost these days. Cool stuff.

AWJ, my SP71 has been treating me VERY nicely ;) The car feels really strong and since swapping out my smaller .68 a/r housing to the larger .81 the top end pulls even harder!

Make sure you let me know when you're in town. We can definitely meet up. As for Chris, he has in fact got his swap all done and seems to be driving his car all the time :) enjoying boost. There are now some pretty crazy SC's in Chicago :D

Chris