Aftermarket Amp/stock Stereo

Ok, I know this has been talked about in the past. I am wondering about the best way to do this without a new head unit? Just for a little better bass response.

I have the 97' with the factory Lexus 6 speaker syste'm with a factory 8" sub. The sub really doesn't cut it! I would like to pull the stock 8" woofer- leaving a hole (allowing sound to come through). I would like to put a aftermarket sealed inclosure 10" and an aftermarket amp to push it.

Can I just do line-out from the sub to the new amp? What would be the prefered method. I know they have some sort of line-out to RCA conversion, are they any good? If so what make? And if you do this, will it cause problems with the factory head unit- as it is no longer powering the stock sub?

Best

and easiest is getting a new sub only amp with a sealed enclosure for it to mount to the original hole using a crystal line line translator

ok is to not use a translator as it is only bass

then there is a good free air sub and amp with built in high pass

cheapest is just sticking a new 6" or 8" sub either free air or a sealed on with a box using the factory amp even a bazzoka tub facing up would work nice but look odd.

How about a new sealed enclosure 10" and amp getting signal from the factory 8 line output? What is a crystal line? I also couldn't find any freeair style woofers, as most shops told me they would suck. I was told that they could build an enclosure to mount under the stock location with a nice new 8" sub and leave or replace the stock amp? What do you think?

how much do you want to spend is what will determine what you can do best

A crystal line is a line level apadter for speaker inputs from stock equipment , It is the best out there i had 2 for my ES before i got a deck it is as close to getting rca outputs as you can form an oem system