New Member Saying Hello, & A Couple ?'s

NY KID

Just wanted to say hello. I picked up my '04 GX470 about 3 weeks ago and have been using it and enjoying since I picked it up, despite having my beater/ work car ('99 elantra). I traded in a 03 bmw M3 for it, which people at work thought was crazy, but I really never had the time to enjoy it and worried about it, everytime I parked it.

Now for the questions:

1) How can I remove the overhead console in front of the sunroof, which holds the vanity lights and sunglass holder? I need to find a 12volt power source to hardwire my rader detector.

2) I've done some searching on this but couldn't find any info. I wanted to purchase a dvd player so my girlfriend can watch a movie while on a trip. Can it be hooked up to the OEM Nav. screen, and if it can be done, any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Franky

BTW, does anyone have pics of a GX with the factory 17's chromed!

The radar detector is easy. On the back of your rearview mirror is a power plug that supplies switched 12v to the mirror along with a ground. It is easy to hide the wiring to the detector in the plastic covers for the mirror and rain detector. Tuck any excess wires under the front lip of the headliner. A 10 minute install max. Now for that DVD...

hjk3

hjk3, thanks for the info on the 12v source. I took the overhead console down today, but the 2 power sources I found today were constantly powered. Tomorrow i'll tap off the one you mentioned. Thanks,

Franky