So I Go To The Goodyear...

Belaflek

GSsoldier: there are many reasons why one should get new tires. tire wear related issues usually if not always are because of 2 things:

1.)if you drive hard and put a lot of miles on a tire it will wear down the tread and eventually become a slick like a race car. this is bad because the reason that passenger vehicles have tread is so that tires can still get grip in the rain or on sand. if you dont have any tread, it is not easy or impossible to get proper traction.

2.)tires are made of rubber! (duh) rubber ages and becomes dry rotted from being weathered. signs of a dry rotted tire are: very many small or large cracks that are visible throughout the whole surface tire, tires that squeal easily and often in almost every turn even at slow speeds (like what you said), and horrible traction in the rain. my previous car came with 2 dry rotted tires and wet traction, well, what wet traction?? dry rotted tires can cause a big problem at high speeds too. it is possible that if the rot is so extensive, the tire can simply come apart because the integrity of the rubber is lost.

it sound to me like u have dry rotted tires. get real close to your tire and look for small or large cracks on the sidewalls, on top of the tread and inbetween the tread.

ok imma check my tires, they dont squeal in slow turns but taking sharp turns at 50 and 60 is when they do that i think one time they even smoked hmmm i'll check that and now that im typing this i realized taking turns that fast is kind dumb... haha man bad habits are hard to lose though hahah... thanks for the help 1UZ-FE and everyone else

I have had the B F Goodrich Touring T/A tires on my wife's 94 ES 300 for about three years and on my 93 LS 400 for about 1 1/2 years. I think they are great tires. They are available at Sam's Club and cost $30-40 per tire less than Michelins. They are A rated on both traction and temperature and have a treadwear rating of 380. It appears now that we will get at least 40,000 miles on the set on the ES 300.

Prior to buying these tires, I had Dunlop D60 A2's on both cars - primarily because of their high rating by Consumer Reports. These tires served me well; however, they got very noisy as they aged. I have not yet noted any noise from the Goodrich tires.

Michelin bought B F Goodrich's tire manufacturing operations several years ago.

However, we still have a large B F Goodrich tire manufacturing operation just down the freeway from me in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I don't hold any animosity toward B F Goodrich just because they are now owned by Michelin. As I see it, their tires are made by American workers for American car-owners.

I think it has to do with the whole France Iraq war issue still.

But please, lets not get into that LOL

Precisely! Looks like I'm going to have to go buy new tires to get these Michelin MXV4's(good tires though!) off of my LS! :pirate:

:cheers: