1990 Keyless Remote

markkr64

Hey thanks to you guys i just got my keyless remote system working (just replaced the battery in the key). Is there a beep or anything though that tells you that it locked the car? I cna hear the doors lock, but there isn't a beep or anything. Should there be?

thanks everyone

yes, there should be beeps when the car is locked/unlocked: 1 beep when the car is locked, 2 beeps when the car is unlocked. there is a knob that turns up the volume of the beeping. the knob is no larger in diameter than a penny and is located near the hood release. if you have an owners manual, it should tell u better exaclty where this knob is located and which way to turn it. if you dont have an owners manual and can't find the knob or figure out how to use it then just ask for more details.

:cheers:

Actually, your car is not supposed to "beep". The 1990-1992s only lock/unlock, without any beeping. It is frustrating, because you have to listen closely to hear the car lock and unlock. I have a 1990 as well and there are no beeps. I think the "beep" feature was added in 1993, which is probably why 1UZ's car beeps, but the 1990-1991-1992's do not have that luxury. Hope this helps.

oh yea. i forgot to mention my car is a 94 and that i wasn't sure if the older models had the beeping.

Yes, it seems as if the 1990-1992s lack some upgraded / luxury features that the 1993-1994 models have - such as the digital odometer (only digital trip odometer in the 90-92), larger brakes, passenger side airbag, larger tires/wheels?, as well as some other things I am probably missing.