What Do We Do For A Living

SpeedRacer959

I've heard little bits and pieces of what people do for a living, but here's your spot to spill it w/out being pretentious. :D I'm sure we would all really like to know. B) Plus it can't hurt for our networking. :P

I'll go first:

I'm a safety consultant for large fortune 500 and 100 manufacturing companies. I've done work at Honda, Square D, SC Johnson, and many other companies for specifically OSHA's regulation 1910.147 (Lockout-Tagout compliance). We have a website ESC Services , but most (99%) of our referrals come through word of mouth, so the website doesn't have to be too flashy. (if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears <_< )

I'm 24 and the VP of the company and 50% owner. I've been doing this line of work for almost 5 years now.

I recently bought a Lexus because we travel a ton and I needed a nice car that's reliable and not too flashy to give clients rides in. The ES fit the description perfectly. :D

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God, where do I start?

Ok.. Trained in Television Commercial Production Management, but through pure chance and timing, moved into Computer Consultancy Administration Management.. Through my work, I travelled, and so was able to come to Japan on a few occassions. And so, met my wife!.. Lived in Atlanta for a while also....

After too many years running myself ragged, and having a homesick wife in Australia. Decided to pack up, and relocate to Japan.. As at that time my Japanese speaking wasn't great, I couldnt get a foot in the door in the business world, and so was offered to try out teaching..

After a few years now, I am missing the suit and tie, and would like to make some money again.. And am actually thinking of returning to the US again.. Hint Hint?? So anyone looking to hire an Australian with a thirst to get back on the horse again. then I am all ears!! :magic:

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

I do documentation for a company that makes huge storage units for banks, big Internet sites, and so on.

I travel 60 miles each way and have taken my 97 ES300 from 57,000 to 145,000 in under three years.

im a college student who just completely moved out of the parent's house ;) and got her first car. planning on moving back to the nc mountains next fall. as for work, i work for a real estate broker driving around in my car *sniffle* putting out flyers...i'm the one who puts ads on your mailbox post (not the box itself since that's illegal).

my plan is either to be a NC STATE TROOPER a computer dork or a social worker...it's all up in the air....but im really really interested in being a trooper, just not in the correct physical condition yet, gotta exercise ALOT.... *groan*

Retired at 53 after 30 years with large insurance company. Was VP in real estate investment department in charge of human resources, admninistration, and records management. Now enjoy volunteer work although I am an elected official responsible for the Elections Department for our town here in Connecticut.

own my own buisness.i sell scooters, motorcyles, parts etc...started out with a couple scooters then it blew up so big here that now me and my partner have 2 stores selling small motorcycles and all different types of scooters.Its going very well and look to do even more like maybe electronic store or something else eventually.i will see what happens but if the scooters keep doing so well maybe another store without any partners even though its like i dont have a partner right now anyway and plus we make enough money to go around so it all works out!

Awesome bbsal, nothing like working for yourself huh?

Chris, I'm thinking of taking on a comissioned salesperson sometime after the first of the year, we might want to have a chat sometime.

We have our differences, but you're confident and have integrity ;)

o yea!!i couldnt take working for someone else and letting them make all the money!i had to get something going and came out with the idea of selling scooters and well the rest is history.before scooters i did everything from car mechanic,car sales, toll collector etc..!lol.the toll collector one was acually a great state job!

Hey SW03ES.. I am actually contracted to my company until early next year, and usually like fullfilling what I set out to do. But I certainly will be looking at other options in the new year as to after that date.. So thank you for your kind offer.. I will certainly keep in touch with you about it!.. Just quickly. Where in the States are you located?

As for our tiff.. I guess I was just having a bad day, and well, kinda let myself get carried away. After all, its just a message board? Anyways, no hurt feeling on my side, and hope all is well with you..

Retired now. I was a color photographer and scanner operator. I did beta testing for Eastman Kodak, Dupont, Fuji and other various manufacturers for their photofilm products. Worked also as a consultant for graphic arts companies using new techniques in photo reproduction.

Hey SW03ES.. I am actually contracted to my company until early next year, and usually like fullfilling what I set out to do. But I certainly will be looking at other options in the new year as to after that date.. So thank you for your kind offer.. I will certainly keep in touch with you about it!.. Just quickly. Where in the States are you located?

As for our tiff.. I guess I was just having a bad day, and well, kinda let myself get carried away. After all, its just a message board? Anyways, no hurt feeling on my side, and hope all is well with you..

Problem was, both of us had a bad day lol. No hard feelings here either.

I'm right outside of Washington. D.C.

D.C.. .. I spent 3 days in D.C, during the summer of 2000.. I personally fell in love with the place.. I am a bit of a political junky.. Both U.S policy, and Australian Parliment process..

Anyways.. A friend of mine in Atlanta, has an Uncle that is, or was a congressman (can't remember now) But anyways, he got us aboard a West Wing press tour.. Got to sit and watch all the media ask Clinton a few questions.. Was kinda neat. As part of my Television training, I took Journalism as a part of my course. So got to see what my life might have been if I had've taken that path I guess?.

Anyway. I just enjoyed sight seeing, and taking in all of the history..

Nice place you have there!.. Have wanted go back and see it during Winter!

I am a full time Business Marketing Representative for Sam's Club. Need $16,000 worth of mayo, give me a call $25,000 worth of paper, im your man. :D :D I am also a part time student, sales are fun but I am looking into getting into a more fulfilling line of work maybe health science.

Aircraft mechanic foreman for a US Air Force Reserve unit located at Portland International Airport that flies the KC-135R air refueling tanker. Work both as a civilian Air Force employee during the week, and a Reservist one weekend a month.

We were a Air Force Rescue unit for many years with hundreds of lives saved during hundreds of rescue missions from the eruption of Mt StHelens in 1980 to our now "infamous" helicopter rolling down the side of MtHood early last summer (all over the national news).

The Air Force (in there "infinite wisdom") decided that refueling other airplanes in-flight was much more important for national defense then saving lives in the pacific northwest.

It's a great job that I really enjoy, but I'll certainly never get rich.

Jeff

Gresham, OR.

I am a Network Engineer for a Government Agency in CA. I do PC support, Web Page Design, and Networking design. I have created web sites for Government agencies as well as Universities. I'm the guy my freinds go to when they have PC problems! :P

University professor- took early retirement last year. I still have obligations with 6 doctoral students, and I'm concentrating on my writing. One of the projects: a Handbook of Virtual Learning Environments, is appropriate for what we are participating in . Happy to be away from administration, full time teaching and proposal writing, let alone the politics of academia. Can now concentrate on important things, such as participating on this bulletin board

Purchased a 2000 ES several months ago with 13K miles (23K kilometers, and got full warranty until October 2005)- sort of a present for retirement.