Non Navigation/mark Levinson

jsmoov24

:chairshot: question for you guys.. i'm looking to get a 2004 LS430 with only the premium package, I don't want the Mark Levinson system or Navigation system as I want to put my own custom system. what does the dash look like without the Navigation screen. is there still a screen that displays thr temperature controls and radio?? I figured that if I did get the Navigation system which has voice control it would be kind of difficult making modifications. any thoughts??

Its going to be fairly difficult to make modifications to the system anyways, I don't think having the nav will make it harder or easier. If anything an aftermarket head unit would fit better underneath the nav...

This is what it looks like with no nav:

69_4.JPG

I don't know how easy it would be to find a 04 without nav...

Its going to be fairly difficult to make modifications to the system anyways, I don't think having the nav will make it harder or easier. If anything an aftermarket head unit would fit better underneath the nav...

This is what it looks like with no nav:

69_4.JPG

I don't know how easy it would be to find a 04 without nav...

I may have to order one with just the premium package. i figured that since the Navigation system has that voice recognition that it is somehow integrated with the stock radio as well as other functions like Bluetooth, rear view camera, etc... do you know if I do get the Nav that if I change the head unit, speakers, etc that I will interfere with anything?? will I still have the voice recognition feature??

secondly i'm stuck in between 2 colors: Black Cherry ext./Cashmere int. or Flint Mica ext./Ash int. what's do you think??

The voice activation doesn't work worth a damn anyways so don't worry LOL. My dad has it on his 04 and my fiance does on her Prius, its useless and always misunderstands the commands. At the very least all the commands that control functions other than the radio will work. No idea about the bluetooth working with the new stereo system. My guess would be as long as you keep the stock head unit you cold swap out all the speakers and amps and be able to keep all the functionality. Swapping out the H/U is going to run you into problems though.

Ask a good high end stereo shop, they should know. My guess is there's a H/U somewhere designed to accept all these functions.

As for colors, my ES is Black Garnet Pearl which is very similar to the Black Cherry, but the Cherry is more purple. I haven't seen an 04 LS in Cherry. My dad's 04 LS is the Flint Mica and its gorgeous.