Car "jerks" When Letting Off Gas

Other than the high rpms when starting & the "jerK" that causes when backing up,

When I let off the gas while driving, pretty much any speed, it is NOT smooth, it "jerks", Kinda like I was under serious acceleration & had to get off the gas & slow down in a hurry....

Do I want to know what is causing it or why it is happening?

I have the same problem right now, I think it's the throttle position senor and vacuum hose, or atleast that's what I've been told. I'm taking my car to get a dianostic today, so we'll find out what it really is and I'll keep you posted.

its a common issue for gen II LS and as far as i know there have been a thread about recall for ECU for gen II cars, this might be the cause in ur case, but most of people with gen II LS here have this problem so dont worry bout it, nothing dangerous, just a lil bit annoyin.

• 1 month later...
Other than the high rpms when starting & the "jerK" that causes when backing up,

When I let off the gas while driving, pretty much any speed, it is NOT smooth, it "jerks", Kinda like I was under serious acceleration & had to get off the gas & slow down in a hurry....

Do I want to know what is causing it or why it is happening?

I had similar problem but it is all fixed. Throttle position sensor was causing this problem. :)