Non Operating A/c, With Thunderstorms = :( !

90LS400Lexus

I am one of the unfortunate ones with a LS400, with a NON-OPERATING A/C unit. :( Anyone else here with this problem? If not, lucky for you, because the 1st generation LS400 (perhaps others as well) is not designed to have ANY of the windows down (even a little) when it is raining, or your interior will get very wet. <_< . Today, I have had the pleasure in driving my Lexus in 85 degree weather, with 90% humidity, with heavy thunderstorms. With the passenger window even barely cracked- rain will hit the "B" pillar and come in. It will also drip in from around the mirror and even at the top of the door at the top of the "A" pillar. There seems to be no drip rails or channels anywhere on these cars to deter the rain from coming in the car from the door areas- which is very frustrating. :wacko: I tried rolling the windows up, which obviously stops the water from coming in, because my car is still 100% leak free when the windows are closed, but that is very uncomfortable, when it is pouring down rain and when it is 75-90 degrees, with dewpoints in the 70s and it feels like an oven in the car. Turn on the vent only (fresh air mode) and it feels like the heater is on, because it is so hot and muggy outside. Never have I owned a car that let so much water in when the window was even barely cracked. My 92 Buick has working AC, but sometimes I will lower the window a bit when I do not want to us the A/C and it is designed so to where the water is "channeled" to where it does not drip into the car. My old Accord was like that too. Is the 95-up LS like this as well, or was it changed? I am either going to get my AC repaired, or I am selling. :D

So something for you folks with operating A/C's to be thankful for. :)

I am one of the unfortunate ones with a LS400, with a NON-OPERATING A/C unit. :( Anyone else here with this problem? If not, lucky for you, because the 1st generation LS400 (perhaps others as well) is not designed to have ANY of the windows down (even a little) when it is raining, or your interior will get very wet. <_< . Today, I have had the pleasure in driving my Lexus in 85 degree weather, with 90% humidity, with heavy thunderstorms. With the passenger window even barely cracked- rain will hit the "B" pillar and come in. It will also drip in from around the mirror and even at the top of the door at the top of the "A" pillar. There seems to be no drip rails or channels anywhere on these cars to deter the rain from coming in the car from the door areas- which is very frustrating.:wacko: I tried rolling the windows up, which obviously stops the water from coming in, because my car is still 100% leak free when the windows are closed, but that is very uncomfortable, when it is pouring down rain and when it is 75-90 degrees, with dewpoints in the 70s and it feels like an oven in the car. Turn on the vent only (fresh air mode) and it feels like the heater is on, because it is so hot and muggy outside. Never have I owned a car that let so much water in when the window was even barely cracked. My 92 Buick has working AC, but sometimes I will lower the window a bit when I do not want to us the A/C and it is designed so to where the water is "channeled" to where it does not drip into the car. My old Accord was like that too. Is the 95-up LS like this as well, or was it changed? I am either going to get my AC repaired, or I am selling. :D

So something for you folks with operating A/C's to be thankful for. :)

Hi 90LS400Lexus,your not alone :D ,i had my aircon regased up about a month or less ago...worked fine until Sunday :rolleyes:

The weather over here in the uk over the last few weeks has been dry,sunny and very hot for us....it rains normally :D

I was very happy to have the aircon working and its been a dream driving around in the cool...looks like ive lost all the gas again,the bloke who re charged it said there were no leaks,but said the rad condenser may fail because of its age and condition,so im in the same boat as you,but lucky its not been raining and hot at the same time...as per normal Lexus uk want the world for a replacement £527.81 :angry::rolleyes: ...got the price down to around £300 for the rad.

So my heart goes out to you,i say get yours fixed mate...good luck ;)