Air Conditioner Not Blowing Cold

Turned on AC today, Light came on, set to colls. Does not blow cold. I am pretty sure it did yesterday. Engine revs do not pick up when I turn off AC. Hopefully only Low Freon, or what ever they use. ANy IDeas

Thanks in advance

I had a similar problem when I bought my sc4. It's a 1992, and needed a recharge, but I had to get the system evacuated and switched over to R134 (i think) from the original R12. Cost about $100 at my mechanic.

OK;

Here is latest on this issue.

I live in Bucks county Pa, am currently in Atlanta scheduled to drive home on thursday. As I did not to dive the 850 miles with no AC, I found a local AC Shop.

(AUTO KOOL)

These people were great. They found the problem (busted flange). They replacded it, converted the unit to R134 took about 4 hours or so. Total cost $260.

Which included $90.00 in parts. Very professional, and appreciative of the business.

So thanks to all.

BTW Re the leak seal I assume you spray it at the fittigs.

• 1 year later...
Turned on AC today, Light came on, set to colls. Does not blow cold. I am pretty sure it did yesterday. Engine revs do not pick up when I turn off AC. Hopefully only  Low Freon, or what ever they use. ANy IDeas

Thanks in advance

I have similar problem, only it appears the engine revs up when AC turned on.

I checked the freon pressure on the Low side and it was ~30 psi. Anyone know what the normal range is? I have heard the range is ~25-45 psi but do not know for sure. Sure do not want to over-pressurize the freon. Does anyone have the specs?

Thanks

Zim

94 SC400

Turned on AC today, Light came on, set to colls. Does not blow cold. I am pretty sure it did yesterday. Engine revs do not pick up when I turn off AC. Hopefully only  Low Freon, or what ever they use. ANy IDeas

Thanks in advance

I have similar problem, only it appears the engine revs up when AC turned on.

I checked the freon pressure on the Low side and it was ~30 psi. Anyone know what the normal range is? I have heard the range is ~25-45 psi but do not know for sure. Sure do not want to over-pressurize the freon. Does anyone have the specs?

Thanks

Zim

Further notes - at 82 deg air temp outside the temp tonight, the vents inside the car have 63 deg air. However, on 95 deg days the temp at the vents is ~88 deg. The clutch definately engages when AC button is pushed on, and there are no unusual noises or lights. Seems like it would be low on freon and that is why I'd like to get the pressurization specs.

Thanks again

Zim

94 SC400