Supra Turbo Brakes

I highly recommend the LS caliper upgrade over the Supra TT. They perform about the same and both are 4 piston calipers, but the LS400 calipers are much lighter than the Supra TT's and are much less expensive.

I sold my LS400 upgrade. I know, I know! I didn't want to. I bought a new set of wheels and was promised that they would clear the calipers, but they don't. Yeah, I'm still a little *BLEEP*ed off. I decided to keep the wheels and put the stock brakes back on. Talk about a complete waste of time and money. It's just not the same since I took them out. What a difference in braking power! You really notice it when you first install them, but MAN YOU REALLY NOTICE IT WHEN YOU GO BACK TO STOCK!!!!!! They feel wimpy now. Who knows. Maybe I'll get a new set in the future and put on spacers. More time and money to spend.......

J

Okay question im not that good with brakes. I like the LS brakes. All i have to do is buy Rotors and the brakes itself from lexus? or some other place and they will fit on my 92 sc400. Correct?

Yes. But also keep in mind that the calipers do not come the way the pic I posted. That one has been painted and has a caliper sticker on it. ;)

If you are serious about the brakes, I can point you to someone who periodically gets used LS calipers. He does not always have them but will get some here and there. (As far as I know, he is currently out.) I have not bought these from him but know of satisfied people who have. I'm not endorsing or advertising for him but am just trying to help out other members. PM me if you want more info.

Yeah that would be great. I wanted to get new brakes all around just like the ones in the picture. if you know anyone or anywhere that would be great.

wait so if i wanted to go with the LS brake upgrade on my sc3 how big are my rims gunna have to be???

this all sounds very enticing to me espcially since one of my calipers are broken and i cant switch out brake pads on that one and my stopping abilitys are going down hill quick

It's not the diameter of the wheel that you have to be careful of. It's the spoke clearance. The calipers are much wider than SC calipers. The SC calipers have 2 pistons and they are both on the inside. The LS calipers have 4 pistons, two on each side. It sticks out from the rotor about 2.75". If you have about that for clearance then you can fit the LS400 calipers no problem. You can even get away with about 2.5" from the rotor. Hope this helps.