Supra Turbo Brakes

I second the LS400 upgrade. I've done it. You can get the parts MUCH cheaper than Supra or Brembo and the performance is awesome. I can get you a set of used LS400 calipers, fully loaded for less than $300. You can buy a brand new set of rotors for around $100 and you've got yourself a big brake upgrade for $400. You can't beat it.

I got mine off Ebay for about that. I installed them along with stainless steel brake lines before putting on my IS300 17" wheels. The wheels didn't clear the calipers and I ended up taking them off. Sold them for what I paid for them.

I DO NOT want to get into new wheels due to unemployment.  Anyone know of a front brake upgrade using stock wheels ???

Thanks

The BBK with the least amount of clearance requirements is the 4-piston kit from Rotora. The problem is that they currently does not have an SC application. They do have GS and IS applications. Since the Supra TTs work on the SC, GS, and IS, it may just be a case of testing or maybe a bracket. You might want to contact Rotora to see. Although the Rotora 4-piston kit is one of the more "affordable" kits, they are still more money than the Supra TTs and LS brakes. You will also need at least 17s for any of the BBKs.

The TTs and LS brakes are the most bang-for-the-buck. Unfortunately, they are also large and heavy.

If none of these options work for you, your best bet is to upgrade your pads to something more aggressive and to replace the lines with SS ones. You'd be surprised how just these two will help. You can also go to C/D and/or slotted rotors to help with fade but unless you are racing, fade should not be a big issue.

Also keep in mind that stopping is a combination of brakes, suspension, and tire. So even getting grippier tires or less mushy suspension will help you stop. ;)

That's correct. All you have to do is pull off the stock calipers and rotors and install the LS400 (95-00) rotors and calipers and pads and you'll be fine. You will need to either bend back the SC dust shield or just cut it off completely and don't forget to bleed the brakes when you are done. Make sure that you get all of the hardware like pins, springs and retainers.

Thanks Neo and Scoupe. It appears we all are in the same area.

Glen

I'm about half an hour from SJ but there is a good amount of guys down in that area. We are trying to build up the NorCal group. Here is our website:

http://www.lexusgonewild.com

We have a good sized BBQ/meet coming up this weekend on Sat up in Folsom. I know it is quite a drive but we are trying to help out our Sac friends who come down for our meets here. We also have a bigger meet in SJ planned for September. If you are interested in coming, especially, to the one coming up, you can PM me for details.

Okay question im not that good with brakes. I like the LS brakes. All i have to do is buy Rotors and the brakes itself from lexus? or some other place and they will fit on my 92 sc400. Correct?

Yes. But also keep in mind that the calipers do not come the way the pic I posted. That one has been painted and has a caliper sticker on it. ;)

If you are serious about the brakes, I can point you to someone who periodically gets used LS calipers. He does not always have them but will get some here and there. (As far as I know, he is currently out.) I have not bought these from him but know of satisfied people who have. I'm not endorsing or advertising for him but am just trying to help out other members. PM me if you want more info.

If you are serious about the brakes, I can point you to someone who periodically gets used LS calipers. He does not always have them but will get some here and there. (As far as I know, he is currently out.) I have not bought these from him but know of satisfied people who have. I'm not endorsing or advertising for him but am just trying to help out other members. PM me if you want more info.

Which brake upgrade do you recommend, the LS or Supra TT?

price-wise and performance-wise...

And does the brake upgrade concern the front only?

What price do the used LS calipers run for?

I am about to replace the stock SC rotors with Brembo slotted/drilled. Would I be able to keep the rotors when I upgrade to the LS or TT calipers?

Thanks,

Which brake upgrade do you recommend, the LS or Supra TT?

price-wise and performance-wise...

And does the brake upgrade concern the front only?

What price do the used LS calipers run for?

I am about to replace the stock SC rotors with Brembo slotted/drilled. Would I be able to keep the rotors when I upgrade to the LS or TT calipers?

Thanks,

They are both pretty similar. They are both 4-piston calipers so you'll have to just take your pick of which looks better. I am not sure on the weight comparison.

Yes these are fronts only. Usually, the fronts and rears should have a balance to be optimal. Most BBK companies do test their front setups with the stock rear and tune the fronts to be balanced with stock rears. The TTs and LS calipers, however, are meant to work with the TT and LS rears. BUT, enough people have successfully used the TTs with stock rears on IS, GS, and SC cars that they should be OK. Even the RMM BBK is really just a prettied up TT setup. The LS setup is newer to the rerofit game and does not have as many verification points but the ones I know of are pretty happy.

Don't quote me on the price since I do not sell these but I've seen them go below $300 for both but closer to $250.

Since both TTs and LS calipers are bigger, they do need to work with larger TT and LS rotors. You will not be able to keep the stock size ones you are contemplating. Sorry.

I hope this helps.

Is the 95 SC400 equipped with 2-piston calipers on the front?

I've always thought it was a 4-piston one with the rear at 2-piston.

BTW, it is good that I can at least reuse the rear rotors upon upgrade to LS or TT for the front.

I will perhaps go with the stock-size Brembo rotors first after cleaning the calipers, then move up to the LS or TT.

If you know of anyone selling used LS or TT calipers, please let me know. :)

Thanks for your information...^^

Is the 95 SC400 equipped with 2-piston calipers on the front?

I've always thought it was a 4-piston one with the rear at 2-piston.

BTW, it is good that I can at least reuse the rear rotors upon upgrade to LS or TT for the front.

I will perhaps go with the stock-size Brembo rotors first after cleaning the calipers, then move up to the LS or TT.

If you know of anyone selling used LS or TT calipers, please let me know. :)

Thanks for your information...^^

I think the 95 SC calipers are also 2-piston. As for sale, here is one in this forum:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=10682&hl=