Racing

unless you really launch ths 2000 it wont go that fast from a stop because at low end there is no tourque and untill you hit the 5 or 6000 vtec line it doesnt really get going. and both the cars top out at about 150 so it isnt funny that you both run about the same.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! :D At least I know my engine is still running the way it's supposed to. I haven't had a chance to do a compression test yet, but that's first on the list before I do anything for more power. From what I've read a shift kit really helps to keep the power to the ground while shifting, so that might be second on my list. I'm still contemplating whether to look at a single turbo (in front of the engine), or one of the roots blowers out there, or just leaving it NA w/ mild mods.

Anyway thanks for the comments,

Aaron

Thanks! :D At least I know my engine is still running the way it's supposed to. I haven't had a chance to do a compression test yet, but that's first on the list before I do anything for more power. From what I've read a shift kit really helps to keep the power to the ground while shifting, so that might be second on my list. I'm still contemplating whether to look at a single turbo (in front of the engine), or one of the roots blowers out there, or just leaving it NA w/ mild mods.

Anyway thanks for the comments,

Aaron

would be much much cheaper to just go with nitrous. you could retain stock reliability and gas mileage when not on the bottle. :D

would be much much cheaper to just go with nitrous. you could retain stock reliability and gas mileage when not on the bottle. :D

True, for a few hundred bones I could get another 100 HP... although I'm planning on setting this car up for lapping days. I guess the money that I would have invested in forced induction would be better spent on suspension and most importantly brakes... hell I could improve my acceleration/braking/handling all in one shot by taking out the stock (heavy) seats and installing some carbon fibre or aluminium seats. Dunno if I'm really to go that hardcore though. :whistles:

Weight reduction and better rubber have to be the two most important things for the track. Unfortunately I have a lot of speeding tickets from my past life, so I've got to get my aggressions out at the track where it's safe...

I'd love to import one of the Toyota 5.0L V12's..... now that would be a one of a kind car! Damn thing would probably fit too, might need electric fans instead of the hydraulic but it would fit, probably the same length as a 2JZ... some nice SS extractors, a slightly higher lift set of cams, and a small shot of N20 and I could be getting into the mid 12's :chairshot: