Racing

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For your next race, why don't you change the air intake at least?

It is the easiest, most affordable and most effective performance upgrade.

I got my K&N cone filter from eBay ^^ and now have better torque and horsepower, not to mention better mileage.

Good luck~

yeah, but i dont think those brand name grounds are worth it, you can make your own on monster cable with 24k gold tongues for about 15 bucks and it'll work exactly the same.

jsut dont expect to sit in the car and notice a major change or anything, it's probably not going to be very major....but it's there...i can almost guarantee it. all factory trannies and engine are grounded...but very small ground and theyr hidden. i foudn a ton of ground off the supra engine.

Last night on my way home from work this rsx pulls up next to me at the light and gives me the rev and let's go look , so I said to myself OK [ AFTER READING THIS POST I WAS CURIOUS ] We went for it and he got me off the line , by the time I hit 3rd he was in my rear view and we went up to 115 he never caught me after 3rd , I had the power on and the vsc off , 98 gs300 stock and well cared for new plugs and burning premium 92 [ My knees were shaking ,I never race but what the hell this post got me torqued . GO LEXUS

post-3-1088102385.gif

• 2 months later...
i got the same problem, cept with a grand prix. Guys got a 3.8L supercharged v6, cold air intake, borla exhaust, headers, and modified pulley. things puttin out over 300hp, 1/4 mile in 12. any chance?

smells like total bs that hes running 12's unless hes done quite a lot of weight reduction.

and if you turbo these cars the v8 will make more power than the i6, according to lextremes site.

and common sense agrees. turboed 4.3l vs. turboed 3.0l (assuming psi is the same), the 4.3l will make more power unless the 4.3l has a super low compression and the 3.0l has a high compression then things might change.

i got the same problem, cept with a grand prix.  Guys got a 3.8L supercharged v6, cold air intake, borla exhaust, headers, and modified pulley.  things puttin out over 300hp, 1/4 mile in 12.  any chance?

smells like total bs that hes running 12's unless hes done quite a lot of weight reduction.

Actually, i happen to own a Grand Prix in the states and i know for a fact that some of the GTPs(supercharged 3.8L) are well into the 12s and alot of modded ones are in the 13s. Check out this page for the 1/4 mile times from ClubGP.com

Okay now I'm getting older and wiser and I don't speed much anymore, but last night at a couple lights before I was getting onto the highway this Honda S2000 pulls up next to me. He was an older guy, and wasn't revvin the *BLEEP* out of it like some people. Anyway about half way through my first (slow roll on) I gave it a little stab to see if he wanted to play. :D

Well I heard his intake do that typical honda wail I planted it (I was about half a car length ahead when we both hit it). Anyway all I could hear was this intake in my ear. LOL We were dead even about half way into 2nd, but had to slow for the light ahead. I was kinda wondering if he was gonna try again off the light, so both of us paused when the light turned....

I was pretty stoked cause a few years back I played with one in my old MR2 Supercharged and after half way into second (around 4500 rpm) he started to pull on me hard. So we both took off at the same time, as soon as I heard his intake go flying open I hit it. Got a decent jump on him when he had to shift to 2nd, and then he started slightly pulling back up next to be, then he did a nice quick shift into third and again stayed just off my back bumper. I gave him the thumbs up as I turned onto the highway and he went straight, it one one of those cool non-race kinda races. LOL

I was surprised!!! I thought my Lexus was a little slower than that. I know from the seat of the pants it feels a bit faster than my MR2SC which ran a 15.6 @ 90 mph three times in a row at St. Thomas. I've been trying to go to the strip to get a baseline from the SC400 but it's rained the last two fridays. I might go this monday or wednesday whenever it's open again. I'm curious now. I would guess at a low 15 but we'll see.

Aaron :ph34r: