Racing

no there is no limter on the sc 400 you should get up to 150 or 160 but as stated by some one before make sure you have little to no gas get rid of spare tire and any thing u can think of to reduce weight i think you will win and good luck to you

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

v8's shoudlnt be laughed upon. it's just this one v8 was not built for performance, it was made for smooth acceleration. lexus/toyota could've squeezed more outta the 1uz but why do that? go buy an i6 supra and ul be taken care of in the performance industry.

Its all about the design the WRX the evolution are 4 cylinders and there pushing 300 hp, the STI does 0-60 in 4.2.

Its not the size of the engine its the weight of the car and the work done to it

Yeah, it cracks me up that just people seem to think that anything with 8 cylinders is fast. It reminds me of why I always had little respect for V8 owners before I bought my SC. For every 11-second car, there was ten 15-second idiots blabbing about how fast they were. I love me SC, but the fact is, it's a slow !Removed! that isn't going to get much faster without cubic dollars. It's a big, heavy, comfortable cruiser that was never meant to compete with sport compacts or muscle cars. I could care less if someone has a faster Honda, since I didn't buy this car to go fast in. The attitude of "I own a V8, therefore I'm fast" is going to get you laughed at by many a' four-banger, so I'd suggest dropping that attitude or start reaching deep into your wallet.

Yup my thoughts exactlly. Im happy that i can beat alot of stock cars. now 8 or 4 doesnt matternot only is the engine size that doesnt matter its the shifting, balance, weight, alot more things to think about before judging the size of the engine. This isnt the 60-70s with big blobk 442s and hemis. Times have definetly changed.

0-60 times for AWD cars is a different class. of course those high power cars have rediculously fast 0-60 times. now dont get it wrong at the time and still now toyota probably has one of the highest, or the highest naturally aspirated 4 liter v8 now 4.3 v8. and then you have to remember there is 300hp in the 430 models, but it is the quietest engine in the world. its easy to make power but not easy to make quiet and powerful. and if you turbo these cars the v8 will make more power than the i6, according to lextremes site.

I have an sc300 5 spd and I raced an RSX and beat it off the hole.... All i have is BFI and it had exhaust from what I could tell and maybe intake... I took it for about 2 cars in the begining but to my surprise as we went over 100mph the *BLEEP* was catching up, slowly but was catching up.... I went to 135 n he still couldnt catch me so I stoped racing, but he was on my a**...I could have gone faster I dont know about him though....I thought those cars were faster they are not all that...

And YES get the results and race that SOB....those cars r NOT all that, just go light n do bfi....good luck

my friend has an rsx type s 6spd with injen intake, other than that stock. we each had 2 psg making total of 3 people in each car. i have a 5spd sc300 with bfi, and 18's, otherwise stock. we were at a light and he was behid my car, wen it turned green i went(not really launched though) and i saw he was going for it as he pulled to the lane to the side after there was room so then i it really started, he was definitely gaining up on me from the side couldnt catch me by the next light though which had cars there. later we raced from a light and i was taking him, but again we ran into traffic. then the third time i was drunk so my boy was driving and hes a real good driver, but hasnt really drivin my car. at a light he lost by like a car length. so id say its a very close race, do what was posted, such as take out spare tire and anything for weight u can. 1/4 tank gas, add fuel booster mayby, nos would be best and surest, if really despret turn off anything in ur car such as radio and lights, dim needles and get liike an extra .0sumptin horse. hah good luck, just be confident in your car and know your a pimp in it either way

well if you really wanna go all out pull out some seat and any interrior you plz but heres the real tip i cant believe this wasnt said b 4 ....... fold your mirrors in that will give u 25hp+ lol :lol: but on a more serious note i just drove my dad stock 95 sc400 today and i was actually suprised i think you should beat him ive raced a couple in my 300 and it was close but if not find out where he lives and put metal shaveings in his gas tank b 4 the race :cheers: :chairshot: haha good luck man

alright off the line it seemed like he jumped in front of me, and he stayed in front of me till about 50 where it changed gear B) , from that point i kept on pulling ahead of him till he was completely behind me :D , at 130 mph. i was a good 50 feet away, he said something about him having some kinda trouble with his car so he wants to race again :angry: . so ill give u all the results this comming friday because hes challenging me again. this just goes to show that the sc400 not only has class but has power and speed to go with it. this friday i know all the things i did wrong so its going to go even better. next race ill be sure to give you all more info. keep those tips comming if u got them.