Seat Memory!

LS400er

have you used the memory seats before or do you know exaclty how to use them? theres a certain procedure explained in the owners manual of how to set memory positions and how to return the seat to the preset position. all actions to either set or move the seats to a preset position must take place with the car running or off, as long as it is in the "ON" position on the ignition. your foot must be off the brake pedal with the car in PARK. if you need more info on exactly how to set and return the seat to the previously set position, either read your owners manual or ask for more info.

One more thing, are you sure your foot isn't on the brake. Its automatic for me to put my foot on the brake when I'm sitting still with the motor running. When my dad got his LS400 I thought the memory seats were broken, but it was really just my foot on the brake. Thats unique to the LS400, my ES allows them to be moved when the foot is on the brake so does my Explorer.

Same thing happened to my 92' Buick Park Avenue. All of the power seat functions work properly, but the memory buttons will not respond. I think the switch is bad and that may be the case with your LS400.

Same thing happened to my 92 LS400. It turns out because these buttons may be infrequently used the contacts develop some corrosion. The mechanic said just to keep trying them and eventually it will start to work. I spent about 1/2 hour just punching the buttons and eventually the beep reappeared and they worked again! Ever since then I make sure to change the settings occasionally.

When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.

Good Luck

• 1 month later...

My seat memory in my '95 is not working properly. When I push the different memory presets the mirrors and steering wheel move while the seat does absolutely nothing. :angry: The power seat works fine if I use the controls on the side of the seat, but the memory buttons make it do nothing. Any ideas??

:cheers: