Optima Battery In The Lexus!

Well everyone. I have had wonderful luck with batteries.

So my 1998 ES is going on 7.5 years with the original battery and I think it was time to replace it. So I bought a Optima R34 (or 800R) Red Top for my car. The R stands for reversed posts so it fix the ES perfect.

All I can say is holly cow, the thing starts like on crack! I love the reverse red top! Good battery and worth the $122 shipped to my house within 4 days.

I have the red top also and your right it starts right now , even when it was -40 below in the winter and sat overnight outside[ My oil and coolant had something to do with this ] I beleive the OPTIMA is worth every penny,

Is there a website for these batteries or are they made by Interstate of something? What's the warranty? :unsure: I have the Lexus battery (the dealership put a brand new one in this past January so I'm good for several years yet).

:cheers:

http://www.optimabatteries.com/

Warrenty is free replacement for 3 years, after that it is pro-rated.

I liked it since it is sealed, lighter in weight (38 LBS) and it just looks cool!

I got mine of this guy on Ebay but he also has a website. Same price of both places. The killer was I called three local auto places and there were higher then his shipped price.

I loved them too, and have had them for years now- great for the daily driver, and running in my truck!! BUT, I have had trouble in a long term situation with the non-daily drivers. They don't keep the charge like they claim they do, and I also have a couple friends that took them out of their camp trailers because they wouldn't keep a charge. I took mine back to the shop I bought it at, and he told me that he wouldn't every buy another one- and took it out of his trailer and his 67' Camaro cause they wouldn't hold a charge, and won't recommend them anymore unless your putting it in a truck with a winch or something with a big draw on it. I'm sticking with the Die Hard, and after researching it a little, they have had the best reports over most batteries for a long time for less money than Optima (Interstate) batteries- non deep cycle. Good luck with em'!

Wow! That's expensive for a battery! That's more than the Lexus one they put in my ES :blink: That one has a 72 month warranty too. I've e-mailed the company & they are sending me info on the red top.....they said I need the "35 red top". I've read the info on the website & it sounds pretty much like all the top rated batteries that are available now anyways for the most part (I know some stuff is different), but what makes them so "special" over any other brand name quality battery for the price they want? :unsure::blink:

I'll take your word for it sk, I will consider that battery when the time comes.....the only thing I can say is if I car started any faster than it does now.....it would already be running lol. :lol:

Lexusfreak, you have to remember that sk is running a deep-cycle style battery, and the red top is not a deep cycle. You can buy just about any brand deep cycle to do the same thing- but it may not be the spiro-cell technology for shock resistance etc... If your not running a big stereo, you don't need a yellow top. The yellow top is much more expensive than the red top at $120. You also have to remember that the Cosco version is different, which is why you can get it so much cheaper at $110 (here in SLC). The dealer battery is a rip off!

The states has different styles that aren;t always deep cycle

a regular car can use a regualr battery , i just love having the best even if i don;t need it ,as long as i can afford it . Plus basic maintance for replacing parts can always be bypassed by the wife.

Wow! That's expensive for a battery! That's more than the Lexus one they put in my ES :blink: That one has a 72 month warranty too. I've e-mailed the company & they are sending me info on the red top.....they said I need the "35 red top". I've read the info on the website & it sounds pretty much like all the top rated batteries that are available now anyways for the most part (I know some stuff is different), but what makes them so "special" over any other brand name quality battery for the price they want? :unsure::blink:

You think that's expensive for a battery? Try buying a Kawasaki motorcycle battery . . . I had to shell out $180CAN for mine, and it isn't even a quarter of the size of a car battery :wacko:

Regards,

Bryan

Really the optima is not bad if it last the length it does. My suzuki motorcycle battery for my gsxr1100 was only $45.

You think optima is bad. My r/c heli batteries are $200 @ 4 lbs for 7 minutes! And the one I just ordered was a meer $800 + tax and shipping for 19 minutes of flying @ again 2 lbs. That is Li-Poly and the amps will kill ya!

Having driven GM cars before my 01 Maxima which I bought brand new......I've always replaced my batteries with Delco heavy duty wnd they were just over $100 cdn including installation.......that why I thought the Lexus & Optima batteries were a bit pricy :) I've never had an issue with vibration or battery failure because of it either but I am impressed with what the members have said about the Optima & they will be sending me a brochure on their line of batteries. I wonder if they ever go on sale? lol :lol: :whistles: