Closing Off The Egr

well as ive posted before my 97 sc300 is throwing a signal and saying its a problem with the egr i contacted my local lexus dealership and they for one didnt even know what the hell it was but said it will be 89$ for service plus how much ever the part i soo then i remember hearing on this forum that u can just close off the egr valve and every thing i was wondering if any know could tell me how to?? it would be greatly appreciated

I've never done it. I think mine is already blocked though when we bought it. Not sure how it works on a 97. go to www.mkiv.com and look around. There is step by step somewhere. Also on supraforums.

mkiv.com has it, but you can just cut off a piece of sheet metal and put it where the egr's contact is, are you running turbo? just remember, you're going to get an check engine light since the ecu can't detect the signal from the egr.

well as ive posted before my 97 sc300 is throwing a signal and saying its a problem with the egr i contacted my local lexus dealership and they for one didnt even know what the hell it was but said it will be 89$ for service plus how much ever the part i  soo then i remember hearing on this forum that u can just close off the egr valve and every thing i was wondering if any know could tell me how to?? it would be greatly appreciated

Dear soarer479, I have answered your question before here is the link that you have asked just incase you forget. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...howtopic=10177&

;)