Head Light Replacement

fjstl

can someone please send a guide on how to replace the bulb. After I unplug the back of the bulb, I'm unable to find a release spring of any type to remove the bulb. Help, and thank you. I am new to this forum and it is terrific!

you have to turn the ring that holds the bulb in place to release it...i believe u turn it counterclock wise.

is the ring that you describe in the same location as the plug that pulls away from the bulb?

I think the 97 LS 400 uses 9006 bulbs. If so, I just replaced the same bulbs in my wife's 94 ES 300 with Silverstars.

After the plastic piece that holds the bulb in place is rotated and removed, the bulb itself must be rotated 45 degrees to remove it. I don't recall if the direction was clockwise or counter-clockwise.

97 uses h4 tyope of bulb and its really hard to replace, you have to unscrew the whole headlight assmbly and partially take the whole assembly out and only then you will be able to access it. its a long process and it takes around 20 mins for each side.