1990 Ls400 Air Suspension Out

NYXTOPOULI

Hi recently my air susp. may be out. Every time i park it and it is left over night the back end of the car lowers drastically. But when i start the car the compressor pumps air and it is fine. I think it may be that i have a leak in my back two air suspensions. after reading several old post i have decided to replace them.

I have decided to go with strutmasters replacements strut and spring conversion kit. i was wondering how good are these shocks and has anyone actually put them on themselves cuz i would like to know if the installation is easy or not. Also should i have went with another type of spring and strut, and if so which type would be the best for the price and handeling.

thanks

post-4-1086948160.jpg

did that on my wrecked 94 LS4. the ride was 'stiffer' than air sus.

strutmaster's are direct replacement of air struts without modification. however, rear pair are much tougher to do than front pair because u must remove the entire rear seats.

for DIY: http://www.lextreme.com/ascon.htm

if by mechanic, expect to pay 3~4 hours labor

Hi

I just finished putting in the strutmasters and replaced all four of the air suspension. I only have one problem now. The problem is that when i ride the car i hear a clicking noise of some sort coming from the back left rear. I was wondering if any of you guys have experienced this problem. I think it may be the bushing which i have not checked or it could be a faulty spring and strut. well if anyone has any input please post a message thanks.

No, I haven't. I had rear struts installed on my 90 LS400 a few months ago and no odd sounds. Perhaps they left something loose, or perhaps a bad bushing of some sort?

Just wondering- how much more firm (if any) is the ride quality than it had with the air-suspension?

well me and my dad did the installation it was really difficult overall i think it took us 8 hours to complete the whole job. But the ride is very firm i think i lost some luxury ride but i dont care. the only thing that bother me is the stupid flashing normal light that apears and the clickign noise. well im gonna chech the rear bushing tomorrow and see whats up. Also the ride seems to be bouncy and i feel more bumbs on the road than with i did with the air suspension.

That is what I was thinking. You may have been happier with the factory OEM Toyota struts that come on the non-air suspension cars when they were new. I had them installed on my car and the ride is smooth, but still not as "super soft" and "floaty" (except on the freeway), as I would like for it to be. Soaks up small bumps and waves with ease, but some of the bigger, more harsh bumps are felt a bit more than I would like.

I replaced my OEM Shocks for Tokicos. Right now my ride is very floaty, and I hit my head on the roof a couple of times. I miss my OEM shocks. :cries:

1. did Lex do away air sus on gen 2 and up?

You may have been happier with the factory OEM Toyota struts that come on the non-air suspension cars when they were new...

2. can OEM non-air struts fits air sus without any modification? is it a direct fitment?

I replaced my OEM Shocks for Tokicos. Right now my ride is very floaty, and I hit my head on the roof a couple of times. I miss my OEM shocks.:cries:

While as you know shocks and springs acted as one to check compression,

check rebound and control the amount of road shock transmitted to the

vehicle. A softer springing to improve riding created a need for better

dampening of road shock. According to your signature you have H&R springs

which has lower your OEM height and your compression and rebound of the

shocks. You are going need a firmer shock to work the H&R spring or you

are going to need to switch back to the OEM springs to work with the

Tokicos shocks. The Tokicos shocks are slightly firmer than OEM shocks when

used with the OEM springs.