Flaked Ls400 On 20's

Sbelangia

I have a 91 Lexus LS400 I just painted a light green with yellow pearl and loaded up with metal flake. I put a set of spinnig 20" wires on it but now my wheel wells scrub when I hit heavy bumps. I wanted to put a stereo in the trunk but until I can figure out how to raise it or stiffen the suspension I can't even ride people in the back.... I've seen LS400 with 20's before---can anyone help

post-10-1086928333.jpg

I live in Wilmington, NC... It looked like Teins only had lowered springs but I'll call them to find out I guess... I'm thinking it's just too big and poking out too far.... I'm gonna try to makr it bottom out before it hits the tire and just deal wit the bad ride.... I'm trying to fill the back seat with honeys...

Is it my imagination, or do those wheels stick out about an inch past the fender? No wonder they rub! Actually, that photo looks PhotoShopped- what gives?

I would start by choosing wheels that are the correct offset- usually the spoked/Dayton-style rims require a spacer/adapter that pushes the wheels way out like that. Who sold you those anyway? No conscience!

I guess you could use coilovers to actually raise the car above stock height- Lexus' legal department would NOT like to know about this, as you are actually raising the car's center of gravity- this makes it more prone to roll, or in extreme cases roll-over!

Or, you could hack the fender arches and install some huge fender flares... hope you saved extra green/gold flake paint!

I can't find a coilover that is above factory height. I'm going to try this weekend to bottom out the rear before it hits the tire and just deal with the eough ride so I can put my stereo in it.. The wires are true knockoffs and do have the adaptors and I had to get a lip on the outside so my spinners would fit----I guess everything is give and take.... Anyways, maybe I'll figure something this weekend and let everyone know...

post-10-1087494790.jpg