Got A Small Porblem Guys

Hey Everybody!

I got a small problem, well i dunno how small it is....I just changed my alternator which cost me whopping 400 bucks!! everything was fine for a day, then now my engine check and traction off light comes on...it comes on then stays for a lil while and turns off...it doesnt seem to affect the performance of the car at all....: /...so im kinda puzzled...does anyone else have this problem? or know what it might be....i appriciate all ur guys's help! ...btw i have a95 SC300 (and i LOVE IT)

George

well my suggestion would be to find a friend with an obd scanner and find out whats making it throw signals if u dont have a friend with one u can buy an obd1 scanner usually at a local auto parts shop they come in handy other than that i have no clue wut else to tell u ... sorry

• 1 month later...

well, Hi every body!!

Ilove this site as much as I love my sc 400 .

Any way i had the same problem last year,and the dealer told that they need to shut down the whole system to find out the reason for this, and it's gonna cost me a lot.

I found the solution by my self : I looked in the engine (next to the belt on the upper left side), I saw a small black wire comming from the inside and going back inside again : It was badly scratched by the belt. All I did is just taping it and tha's it.

good luck :)

I looked in the engine (next to the belt on the upper left side), I saw a small black wire comming from the inside and going back inside again : It was badly scratched by the belt. All I did is just taping it and tha's it.

Where exactly did you look? I tried to find the wires, but didn't know where to look.

I had the O2 sensor do the same to mine. The sensor is expensive $125?? replacing it takes 5 minutes, like changing a spark plug only it's in your exhaust system. If it is the O2 sensor, you have to find out which one, there are 4. The error code will tell which one.