Sc400 Memory Seat

I just purchased a Black 1996 SC400 with 79K miles! Everything work great except the Memory Seat does not work and the driver side's automatic seat forward does not move when fold the seat down (the passenger side works fine). I have searched the forums but found nothing help! I would appreciate if someone else have the same problems and know how to get it fix. Thank you very much for all your help, Thienn.

Did you refer to the owner’s manual on how to set the memory? Just in case, the car has to be in Park (P), press Set/1 (or 2) until peep. Also make sure the brake is not pressed when you set the memory. I don’t think the driver seat moves forward like the passenger seat. i have '96 and IHO it is the best looking SC :-)

Thank you for the quick response! Yes, I follow the manual step by step with no success! Come to think about it, I might have the hand brake ON. Maybe this was the problem; I will try again to see if it works. By the way, do you have the service manual for the 1996? I can't find them anywhere! Thanks, Thienn.

Thanks for information on the driver's seat; for safety reason it makes sense. Anyhow, the memory seat still does not work. Maybe I have bad connection on the switches inside the door panel (as posted by some other owners) I do not want to open up the door panel and check it out! Guess, I just have to leave with out it. Thanks for all the help! Thienn.

By the way, I am looking for the SERVICE MANUAL (not the OWNER MANUAL)

are you still having probs with the drivers side seat. let me know because I have a drivers side seat adn the memory switch for sale if you want it let me know. also the door panel is easy to open. o yea have cup holders for sale also. the one in the dash and the one in the center consel. and a a/c controler. and rendom parts for the sc's

Let me know

Jakino

Yes, I am still having the same problem; just too busy so don't have time to check thing out. Thanks for all the inputs! Maybe I will take the door panel out and check the switches or just leave it alone, Thien N.