Returning Car? Help Please In Decision

EJH

Over a week ago purchased a '03' SportDesign with 12,000 miles for $27,300.All options except Nav.According to my area,this was an OK deal.At lease now I hope so.The history record shows was a lease and was therefore,I think sold and the dealer purchased it.. The 5 and 10,000 miles service was performed and CarFax history was also OK. Although car runs great and seems great in all aspects,I now have concerns:

1. Right front wheel was scuffed I assume from curve damage.. repaired and good as new.

2.The center wheels caps,the black paint has flaked off..I did see someone else mention this as well

3. The left tail light lens has a 2 inch crack that seems to be inside the lens

4..Rear is 300 emblem was reversed to read SI 300 If done at factory, thought very strange.Dealer has ordered parts and no problem with repairs..Then today after thinking the rear bumper had too much play from the rear,checked underneath and there are four fasteners missing..and looks as if at least the rear bumper was in a accident and repainted.Also,the gap between the bumper and side qaurter panel is too wide and there is some up/down movement..These three problem look strange to me and if in a accident,all makes sense now..I know nothing is prefect,but now feeling down and thinking should have purchased a new is..Today went by dealer to voice my concern, and didn't wish to keep the car,but after talking with them,left under the impression would and although I want to be reasonable,they of course down played it like it was only a minor problem.They said a repair shop close to me could repair the bumper and put the fasteners on.Need your help in making a final decision and what you would do..I know self and now if I keep the car,will not be happy,(maybe later).I've only put less then 200 miles on it.First think will go by repair shop to check bumper out for what they think and then go by and see the GM of the dealer ..I did receive a thank you card for him saying if any problems,SEE him !I do like the color and model,but if not happy,it's my money and need to do what best for me...RATIONAL thinking and comments needed for decision.. Thanks for listening

From a Lexus dealer in the previously owned department..Of course they will fix it,but I feel uncomfortable buying a car to then find it had been in a accident and I have no idea,how minor it was..I'm not saying the salesperson knew,but more think of it,what's it to them if I wish another car and all heard today from the previously used department was why the car was OK and should keep DUH..I don't care OK or not,for if I find this out and not happy,I'm the customer..Its only good business and why didn't their mechanic check the car out enough before being sold to find the missing parts..It's something I should have never known. As you can see I'm frustrated and the GM will get a visit from me tomorrow

You should have had the car checked first. You don;t buy a car because of someones word whoever they are.

If it had a bumper replaced or repainted that isn;t an accident it is just work done. You need to get it checked out to see if it was in an accident.

these are the things you do BEFORE buying a car not after!

Understood,but give me a break,this is a certified Lexus and Carfax history was excellent therefore,who would have though.But yes,I'm a idiot and cannot even enjoy the car so whats the point..and turn it back in

If it's a Lexus ceritfied used car then they will make it right. They should make the necessary body adjustments and whatever it needs.

I bought my 02 about a year ago. If you look really close you can tell the front bumper has been replaced or repainted, but I got the car for $24,800 when it was a year old, and everything else is just fine and no other problems, so I'm happy.