Why Does My Shifter Shake While Driving?

I have a 95 SC 400 and i notice that my shifter shakes and vibrates while driving. I also am about to replace my LCA bushings and my struts are bad all around, would this have anything to do with the shifter shaking??

Your tranny mount could be bad. There is also a small bushing in the shifter assembly that could be missing as well. This was missing in my car when I got it so I replaced it. Bad LCA bushings or struts wouldn't cause the shifter to shake.

Heres the deal: Your shifter is just a stick that sits in the center console. It has a pivot point a few inches below what you can actually see. After the pivot point it goes down a few more inches through a rubber grommet and connects to a metal rod that connects to the transmission gear selector.

Which way is your shifter moving when it does move, or is it just a vibration feeling? If you just get underneath the car and find the shaft that connects to the shifter then you can check it to see if its loose. just grab it and the only movement should be to change gears(unless youre in park). While youre under there, you can see your trans mounts. there will be a bar going across the bottom of the transmission and some rubber pieces inbetween the bar and the transmission. if they look like crap, then you might want to replace them. it shouldnt be that much and you can do it in your driveway.

most likely it is your engine and tranny mounts. my LS had the same problem and what made it worse was that my rear trailing arm bushing was worn so that my rear brakes pulsed..kindof... so if you have a pulsing brake that can also contribute to the shifter shifting...

Thanks guys! Right now my car vibrates a lot because of the worn front LCA bushings, especially when im driving exactly at 60 mph. Starts felling like the car is gonna come apart but when i push it up to 70 it smooths out. I especially see the shifter shake when the car is at 60 and i take my foot off the gas and coast. I will check these suggestions that u guys have given me.

yea that smoothes out at high speed is exactly what was up with my car. everything was ok at 80mph but i could only do that at late night or early morning not to mention at the risk of getting my licence taken away :o