After Market Deck Install On 1996 Sc300

Ok im trying to install a aftermarket deck(eclispe 3414) into my sc300 but am finding it really difficult to locate a dash kit for it. Ive heard of the metra ones but went to a local audio dealer and they told me it wouldnt work. I searched a few post here and saw some people had some luck with a toyota harness and kit, is this true? and which model would I need? have any of you installed a aftermarket deck? is so how did you guys go about doing so? please any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Go here

I bought that kit cut it after i installed the radio to make it fit just right. doesnt look half bad but there no other way to do it. Metra does not make a kit for it. and as for the plug good luck i bought 2 plugs and none of them worked so i just did a hard wire.

opps forgot to mention if you are using the factory amps, then u cannot connect the radio directly to the wires in the dash you will burn out the whole system. Either u disconect the factory amps and let the new radio power the speakers OR look for a plug from metra (not shure about the model number) that will allow your factory amps to work with the new radio. Remember dont try to connect 2 qamos to one speaker, each amp will over load the other one. www.metra.com for the kit