A Challenging Question

ok heres my question is there a difference in weight from the 95 sc 300 to the 97 sc 300 ??? i got offered to trade my 97 for a 95 with less miles and its in slightly better condition i wanted to know if the 95 is lighter and one more question im planning on going with a usdm 2jzgtte swap would it be best to get an obd2 motor for my obd2 car ?? but if i get the ecu with the motor will it matter ?? and what year did engines change from obd1 to obd2??

great thanks to any one who can answer my questions :cheers:

I believe obdII was 1996. I'm not aware of any significant weight changes. Regarding obd on an engine swap - a motor 95 or older will be obdI and require the corresponding ecu. Likewise with the obdII motor.

Best bet is to get the ecu with the motor. Obd conversions are possible but legality in certain states will present an issue. Florida is not one of them.

I believe obdII was 1996. I'm not aware of any significant weight changes. Regarding obd on an engine swap - a motor 95 or older will be obdI and require the corresponding ecu. Likewise with the obdII motor.

Best bet is to get the ecu with the motor. Obd conversions are possible but legality in certain states will present an issue. Florida is not one of them.

thank you very much for the info it was much needed