Side Mirrors

GRD

My LX470 side mirrors are not working from the switch or lowering when you put the vehicle in reverse. The dealer checked it out and said that they need to be replaced at $1700!!!! Yikes

Any ideas?

Thanks,

George

They both went bad at exactly the same time??? That sounds fishy. Backtrack the wiring, could be a simple fuse (which the dealer should have caught). If not, maybe a bad switch?? I would guess that both mirrors wouldn't go bad like that, maybe one, but not both.

GRD,

I took mine in, and the dealer replaced it under warranty. Apparently, this happens quite a bit. Contact Lexus USA directly to see what they could do. If that doesn't help, there are some mirrors on Ebay right now. Search under "LX470" Good luck

GRD,

I took mine in, and the dealer replaced it under warranty. Apparently, this happens quite a bit. Contact Lexus USA directly to see what they could do. If that doesn't help, there are some mirrors on Ebay right now. Search under "LX470" Good luck

Thanks,

I send an e-mail to Lexus USA. The car has only 40K. The mirrors shouldn't just stop working at the same time, but the dealer couldn't fix them.

Hopefully Lexus will help out.

Thanks again,

George

My LX470 side mirrors are not working from the switch or lowering when you put the vehicle in reverse. The dealer checked it out and said that they need to be replaced at $1700!!!! Yikes

Any ideas?

Thanks,

George

Did you check if the switch was set to L or R? If the switch is set center, it is not working. :cheers:

I had a similar issue where my mirrors would not return to the proper setting when put in reverse. I have a 2000 LX470 w/62K miles. The dealer called Lexus and they covered it under warranty (which this is out of). I just paid $90 labor. I called every manager at the dealership including the owner to tell them how above-and-beyond my service tech went for me. Otherwise it was $1,300 to replace them.