Help With 98 Gs300 Halogen To Hid Conversion

How difficult and time consuming would it be to exchange the Halogen headlights from my 99 GS to factory HID's without using the auto-leveling? Are they plug-and-play, or would I have to get into all of the wiring harnesses and other stuff? I've heard I would have to so it is not worth doing. Any help, opinions, or directions would be appreciated.

If a factory HID exchange would not be the way to go, what aftermarket HID kits do any of you recommend?

• 2 weeks later...

it's not plug and play, it takes a bit of splicing to do the swap. Retrofitting a 9006 based / Xenon bulb into your stock halogen projectors is the road most people take. You can get HID headlights (housings, ballasts, bulbs, and all), but you will have to drop your front bumper to remove housings and you will stil have to splice wiring, but you will probably get a bit less glare from Xenon housings..

• 9 months later...
How difficult and time consuming would it be to exchange the Halogen headlights from my 99 GS to factory HID's without using the auto-leveling? Are they plug-and-play, or would I have to get into all of the wiring harnesses and other stuff? I've heard I would have to so it is not worth doing. Any help, opinions, or directions would be appreciated.

If a factory HID exchange would not be the way to go, what aftermarket HID kits do any of you recommend?

Where can more info be found on this. As far as splicing wiring, is there ADDED wiring to the fuse box?

it's not plug and play, it takes a bit of splicing to do the swap.  Retrofitting a 9006 based / Xenon bulb into your stock halogen projectors is the road most people take.  You can get HID headlights (housings, ballasts, bulbs, and all), but you will have to drop your front bumper to remove housings and you will stil have to splice wiring, but you will probably get a bit less glare from Xenon housings..

Lex in Tex- you have some pics of your car? Would like to see the OEM 17s... and the other stuff in your signature!