Options Programming Help Needed

Hey guys,

I program a BUNCH of keys and remotes for Lexus owners that don't want to drive 100+ miles to visit a dealer.

Today, I had a customer (2001 GS300) that also wanted me to program his doorlocks to automatically unlock when turning off the ignition.

I wasn't aware of this programmable feature, but he said that he had Flow Lexus (in Kernersvile, NC) program this feature on his wife's GS430.

I'd like to be able to help him, but I need more info.

Does anyone know whether this is 'field-programmable', and if so, what is the procedure?!

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide,

David

SoundworksCarAudio.com

UnderTheDash.com

This function can only be changed with the Lexus dealers diagnostic tool scan tool. They just pulg in a module called the C.B.E.S.E. tool. I do not know what it stand for but it can only be modified by the Lexus Dealer.

The programmer is the same basic handheld that Toyo and Lexus have been using for years , but just updated to handle the programable features that Lexus started giving custom options to around 2001. At my dealership we do this as a courtesty to our customers. It takes about 10 min to do after the customer choses what they want. The choices change year to year and where very limitied in 01 but dealer can print out a CBEST list for cust make and year off LIS and have customer choose from there

Hey guys,

I program a BUNCH of keys and remotes for Lexus owners that don't want to drive 100+ miles to visit a dealer.

Today, I had a customer (2001 GS300) that also wanted me to program his doorlocks to automatically unlock when turning off the ignition.

I wasn't aware of this programmable feature, but he said that he had Flow Lexus (in Kernersvile, NC) program this feature on his wife's GS430.

I'd like to be able to help him, but I need more info.

Does anyone know whether this is 'field-programmable', and if so, what is the procedure?!

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide,

David

SoundworksCarAudio.com

UnderTheDash.com

98-2000 models GS's have many options that can be turned on or off. 2001 and one models are limited as to the amount of options.