Driveshaft Availablity

geewiss

Ok, I have been calling my local Lexus dealer (Lexus of Annapolis) and it seems that I have been getting the run around about getting my driveshaft replaced. About 4 months ago he said they should have the driveshaft in a few weeks. Well, every time I call I get another story. Today the story was that the manufacturer has 640 on back order nationwide and that they are only shipping out 80 at a time. But of course I am the first on the list, YEAH YEAH YEAH!!

Anyone else have these sort of problems? Please provide any advice.

Unhappy Lexus GX470 owner.

hello not sure when you were there but this is a big problem for the gx and they are way back ordered for the driveshaft so they are not giving you the run around i heard 2 to 3 months for wait time?? i am sure the Lexus people are working on it becasue this is a big problem for them and they have a lot running on the gx

I just got my truck back. My wife drove it back from the dealer and said she didn't feel the thump and that the air conditioning seems a lot colder. I have not actually driven it yet but it seems that the TSB's has corrected the problem.

My advise to those who are having a problem with their dealer is to call Lexus Corp. and complain!!

I just got my truck back. My wife drove it back from the dealer and said she didn't feel the thump and that the air conditioning seems a lot colder. I have not actually driven it yet but it seems that the TSB's has corrected the problem.

My advise to those who are having a problem with their dealer is to call Lexus Corp. and complain!!

geewiss, did u have ur a/c fixed? oh btw, nice 2 c u here too bro!

I just got my truck back.  My wife drove it back from the dealer and said she didn't feel the thump and that the air conditioning seems a lot colder.  I have not actually driven it yet but it seems that the TSB's has corrected the problem. 

geewiss, did u have ur a/c fixed? oh btw, nice 2 c u here too bro!

I took my truck in for the TSB on the air conditioning. They first tried to talk me out of getting it fixed because they said it is an 8 hour fix and they wanted to be absolutley sure that I was having a problem first. I told them to fix it and the driveshaft while they were at it. They did and now it seems alot cooler.