Turn Signal Assembly Ls400 2000

Elsupremo

New member, traded in a 98 E320 4matic for a gorgeus low mileage millenium edition LS400

What a ride, Here is what happened: I was driving down the highway in a real hurry as not to be late for a tee time..

I hit 120 mph (Love golf!) and all fo a sudden heard a mild thump, thought I hit a bird kept going when I got to the course I was shocked to see that the turn light assembly was gone!?? The local dealer looked at it and said it was not under warranty...

what do you think,?

I bought the Lexus brand for the quality, I am not off to a good start.

New member, traded in a 98 E320 4matic for a gorgeus low mileage millenium edition LS400

What a ride, Here is what happened: I was driving down the highway in a real hurry as not to be late for a tee time..

I hit 120 mph (Love golf!) and all fo a sudden heard a mild thump, thought I hit a bird kept going when I got to the course I was shocked to see that the turn light assembly was gone!?? The local dealer looked at it and said it was not under warranty...

what do you think,?

I bought the Lexus brand for the quality, I am not off to a good start.

Perhaps the lamp was already broken? Just wondering.... On what road was you going 120 mph?

Don't even ask Lexus to pay for a lamp that flew off at 120MPH lol, I'd pay to see the expression on the service guy's face LOL.

My guess is the lamp was loose (I see a lot of 98-00 LS' with loose or crooked turn signals. Happens because the lamp is removed to replace the bulb and they don't snap them back in properly) and the high rate of speed caused it to be forced off.

Look around online and I'm sure you can find the lamp pretty cheap. Make sure the hatches are battoned down next time you're late for a tee time :D

Welcome to the club!

:cheers:

Thanks to all for the welcome. good news my dealer in Toronto Ken Shaw Lexus/Toyota stepped up to the (GoBlueJays) plate and offered to pay for the assembly since my local Lexus dealer would not...

All is well in Lexusland! P.S. I don't miss the Benz one bit and i sure love how the LS 400 glides over those bumps on the road. Cheers!

Anybody know how to hook up the car phone to my current cellullar account with out having to pay through the roof?

Great!

As for the phone, run a search in here thats a much discussed question. The phone is ancient and analog, and service for it nowadays is either impossible to find or incredibly expensive...

Thanks to all for the welcome. good news my dealer in Toronto Ken Shaw Lexus/Toyota stepped up to the (GoBlueJays) plate and offered to pay for the assembly since my local Lexus dealer would not...

All is well in Lexusland! P.S. I don't miss the Benz one bit and i sure love how the LS 400 glides over those bumps on the road. Cheers!

Anybody know how to hook up the car phone to my current cellullar account with out having to pay through the roof?

Glad they did. After all, if its under the 4yr/50K miles they should pay for it.

Welcom to LOC :cheers:

Thanks 99LS guy, so what did you do with the phone? rip it out i can use the extra space..., for a big car there is not much room to store odds and ends if you know what I mean. any after market storage gadgets that anyone can recommend? Gresky any problems with the 99LS anything I should look for as far as maintanance from the dealer.

post-4-1086833356.jpg

Thanks 99LS guy, so what did you do with the phone? rip it out i can use the extra space..., for a big car there is not much room to store odds and ends if you know what I mean. any after market storage gadgets that anyone can recommend? Gresky any problems with the 99LS anything I should look for as far as maintanance from the dealer.

You can run the VIN# and check for service records @ Lexus. 30K & 60K are major services.....but all of them are just replacing fluids and filters.....easy DIY if you wish. Normally, KC lexus charges about $550 for the 60k maintenance.

How many miles on your beautiful LS!????????

My car had no phone so nothing to rip out :lol:

check search engine on "phone" handsfree, etc....

1990LS400 has lots of experience with this..........

Nice clean looking motor youve got there Elsupremo,looks nice in white...i want one ...i want one :chairshot: ,your model over here in the uk is still to much money for me to afford to buy for now :( ..look after...

If id just bought your car from a dealer,i want take the car back and get it repaired by them,you wouldnt catch me paying to have it fixed :angry:

Id go back there and would argue until they said they would repair it :angry::angry:

You shouldnt have bits falling off a car of the Brand name..

Good luck mate ;)

Let's see I got the car with 45888Km(Canada) week past thursday, been back to Toronto and just got back from Niagara Falls... Now have 47334Km beautiful Ride!

Having problems understanding dual climate control, Here is the scenario: outside temp reading 24c so I set up the Auto climate control to 24c to see if the Air conditioner would shut off and the blower motor would turn down to low and after waiting for a few minutes nothing would happen...

Increased the inside temperature to 27c to see if the air would shut off adjusted recycle button to Auto to see if that would make a difference...nuthing nuthing nuthing sort of frustating... turned dual climate control from dual to single waited for response... nothing again!?? Now using manual control Oh well <_<

Oh yeah, No luck with the cell phone, I got the serial # and model but there is no cross reference listed as to what brand it is anywhere, I have looked at the web thoroughly and I can not find any information on hook up, the only thing that I did find out was that it does have 2 hook up codes or whatever it is that it allows you to connect to a current account the trick is to find out How?

So long boys... ;)

Auto climate control takes a little getting used to. Best to use it like your home thermostat, choose one temp and leave it there. There's a range of like 3 degrees where the car feels its "comfortable" and it won't cut off so sometimes it gets a little too cold or hot before it adjusts, again just like home systems.

The auto recirc mode senses dirt in the air and adjusts for it by triggering recirc so you don't get bad smells, thats all it does.

i've read the bit you wrote about you not understanding the climate controls a few times and still do not understand what you are confused about. what exactly do you expect the climate control to do? i fully understand all climate control units in every lexus b/c i used to work at a lexus dealer. give more details and i'm sure i can help you.

It takes 6 presses of the Auto button(half degree each) to make the system kick in and when it does the fan is on high. Not a very gradual incremental adjustment that's really what I am looking for. I will admit I have not read the owners manual on this I honestly thought it would be intuitive like the (dare I say this?) the Benz...

It'll take it a second to kick in. Try leaving it at a preset temp (I find 70-72 works well) and let it do its thing. Also keep in mind that just because the fan isn't blowing doesn't mean the system isn't operating, its venting and cooling that air to provide a gradual change.

exactly, for example: when i get into my car when its 95 degrees outside and my car is sitting in the sun so its about 130-150 inside the car, if i hit the auto button and turn the temp to max cold, the fan doesn't reach it's highest speed for about 5-10 seconds. just like SW0 said, its takes a second so its gradual and not just a huge blast