Need Advice Lexus Rx330

JaneR

Can someone help me with a question. My wife recently leased a new RX330 and did not like the stock wheels. She purchased the chrome wheels from the dealership. Now she wants to go back with the stock wheels which the dealer insisted she trade. Is it mandatory that the stock wheels need to be traded. At this point the dealer wants her to purchase the stock wheels for approx 400 dollars a piece. Should the dealer be doing something to resolve the situation vs paying top dollar for the stock wheels

Many thanks

Jane

Usually it is mandatory to turn the stock wheels in when getting chrome. What you do is pay for the chroming, and your wheels are then traded in, chromed and given to someone else. You could have kept the original wheels but it would have cost you a lot more.

What I would do is look around on ebay for the wheels, you can find them really cheap then sell your chrome ones on ebay, you might even make money on the deal...

Search for "Lexus Wheels Rims" on ebay.

Jane R..

It's a shame you aren't closer to northern NJ, I would have been willing to do an even swap. I too just leased an RX 330, I have the stock 18"rims and tires with 300 miles on them, I prefer the look of the chrome though...

Like I said, they do that because you're only paying for the chroming, not all new wheels. All new chrome wheels purchased outright from Lexus would be thousands upon thousands of dollars. Your original wheels become a "core charge" like a trade in to offset the cost to you.

do u still have your origingal wheels. So tell me exactly what you did with the wheels that came on your car and how did u handle the purshase of the chromes did u buy them from the dealer. I just need to do something I want the original wheels, other than the dealer where can i order them and how much do u think i am looking at

thanks

I leased the car with the stock 18's (no chrome), I am willing to swap wheels with you..your chromes for my stock 18's

I never purchased the chromes, my only concern is that I (we) might run into problems if we return the car at the end of the lease with different wheels.. Chrome vs. Stock..

They'll only care if you leased it with chromes, if you turn it in with chromes and you leased it with stock its a bonus for them.

If this falls through and you still want the wheels, check out ebay.