Check Engine Light

well my check engine light came on so i ran an obd2 scan and it said there was a problem with my egr valve so i checked all my vaccuum lines they are fine is there a way to clean out my egr valve or should i just replace it if so where could i get one and is it easy to install yourself/???

Jkosasih Writes:

"If you have a check engine light on and after you check with OBDII

Scanner (stated that EGR problem) and you do the test with the EGR vacuum

test and it is working properly, or usually seem like nothing wrong with

the car but check engine light on ( make sure your OBDII scanner stated

that is your EGR)...The answer is your EGR Vacuum Modulator valve is

not working. Dealer cost around $70-$80. It is locate just next to the

EGR. Replace it ( 5 minutes jobs) reset your ECM by pulling EFI fuse or

use the OBDII scanner."

Hey Jkosasih:

Do me a favour and check out the Visitors and New Members Forum.

Thanks

----------------

Soarer479:

Actually, I'm having the same problem with my SC/OBD-I. Have you changed the Vacuum Filter in the EGR Valve. I reset the the ECU several times, but it tends to come back on.

So far I've noticed Cold Moist air tends to deactive the Check Engine Light, but it returns once the whether changes. Do you have a similar experience?

I have the same issue right now UCF3. Is there a way to test the Modulator Valve to find out if that is the issue or if your EGR valve actually needs changed? Should I remove the EGR valve and find out if it is plugged with carbon?

the obd scanner did show it was the egr valve from what im told it is most likely clogged or has a build up of carbon or one of the lines has rotted and is leaking but ive checked the lines and no i havent changed the vaccum filter.

does any one know if i could just order a new valve from nappa auto parts or a similar place??

thanks for the input

the obd scanner did show it was the egr valve from what im told it is most likely clogged or has a build up of carbon or one of the lines has rotted and is leaking but ive checked the lines  and no i havent changed the vaccum filter.

does any one know if i could just order a new valve from nappa auto parts or a similar place?? 

thanks for the input

If your EGR Valve is clogged with carbor, your car will not run smooth especially at idle. If your car still running smooth then is the modulator valve problem.The EGR modulator valve that I've known only can be found at dealer. Check with dealer about return policy, I am very sure is your EGR modulator valve is bad, if not then just return back to the dealer. It won't take that long to change it, if is not the modulator bring it back the same day. Don't forget to reset your computer after change the modulator valve.