Tire Dillema Continues...

I wanted to believe in the Falkens from all of the hype I've read on the internet, but I just can't from what I've seen. At the last Lexus meet I saw two sets of the Falken tires on two different SCs, and the owners were shoppng for new tires since they needed to be replaced with under 30k on the tires. There's no doubt that they are sharp looking with the directional treads, but their dismal real world tread wear is quite disappointing which is why I'll stay with my Michelins. Sure they're expensive, but they are so worth it. We just put a set on the ES, and it's like a completely different car. The proof is in the pudding for me, and the particular bowl of pudding I'm talking about has over 50k miles with half tread all the way across. I'll never buy another make/model of tire. B)

Steve, what kind of traction issues are you having with the tires on your ES?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI- Just checked costco's website, they're offering $60 off any 4 michelin tires. So if I get the MXV4's that brings the total for my '98 (205/65/15) to $525 mounted and balanced w/o tax. Not a bad deal!

Well, looks like its probably gonna be the Falkens...

If I have trouble I can trade them in on that 30 day ride test deal that place has for MXV4s.

You got me guys LOL

Ha, SEE! i knew if i pushed enough! lol.

No, really though, you made an excellent choice and you wont be dissapointed in the treadlife or the roadnose. and traction is top notch. i need a set for my ZX-2 before real snow hits! i hope my bonus gets here soon. :blink:

Got the MXV4's put on today... Now I remember why I bought this car! It's like night and day from the worn out toyos. Handling is a little more spongy, but the ride is awesome. Paid $575 after everything. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread for the input; it was a BIG help!

Now I can't find the Falkens anywhere, I think I'll just have the Michies put on...

No real traction issues, just being a sedate tire they're a tad slick in the rain. No big deal...