Hard Downshift 3rd to 2nd and 2nd to 1st. Dealer warranty?

Dark Horse

Hello All,

I was able to take my LS430 to the independent shop I use. They extracted a code P0751 "Shift Solenoid A Stuck Off" as my problem and advised me to contact the dealer, as this is a inherent problem. Anyone know anything about this "recall, or technical service bulletin, or campaign" please?

I have a similar issue where i feel a clunk downshifting on a slow,  uphill turn. I took my 2001 ls430 to a transmission shop and they determined it is the bearings in the tail shaft, but that i didn't need to have it repaired for another 50,000 miles or so unless it really bothered me.

Hi Everyone,

Here is what I've deduced about my issue (many others with the same issue). It is an issue with the ECU. You need to replace it, or rebuild it. I'm very convinced this will correct my transmission issue. I'm looking into having it sent out to be rebuilt. There is a Lexus corporate CSP ELL service bulletin that allows 18 years or up to 150,000 miles to have a warranty repair.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Update: Sent my ECU out for repair (took 3 weeks) $400.00. I had an independent remove and reinstall the ECU. I wasn't able to drive it very much thus far today, but it shifted tter than ever since I've owned it. I thought the $130.00 I was charged by the shop to R & R and take for a test drive was too expensive. However, I didn't ask in advance like I normally do. I was the one that determined this what was causing my problem. Anyways, glad to have my car again.

• Like 1