Mufflers.....

I've been thinking about changing the muffler on my '96 ES300. I want one with the sound modification (like the rumbling noise idling and while accelatering) Anybody else have a muffler mod that has any advice on what I should get?

there a few different ones available

trd ones fit

as does the greddy full kit

but it depends on what you want to spends and what is available in you area

the smaller diameter the tip the less noise which is why i have a wide rectangle to reduce wavelenghts of sound from first deflection cancellation

sorry it is a bit confusing

Ya, I know the TRD one your talking about, and it fits the Camry. Its very nice, and looks even better- Thats the one I want! I think its around $400 from the Toyota dealership? From what I've seen TRD use, it might be the Borla with the TRD tag on it?

Man, you guys must have lots of money to burn ! 400 bucks for a muffler just because you like the sound ?! Its a Lexus, a ES 300 at that, maybe on a 71 Chevy Chevelle or a GTO but a rolling sofa ? Oh, well. Just my opinion. George

To each his own! But it is stainless! Parts are expensive no matter what vehicle anyway. I think you can just replace the muffler by Borla version for a little over $100 and pay to have it welded in. The TRD is a bolt on unit from the cat back.

Not many of us can afford a $175,000 GTO, so the ES will have to do! Thanks George. Personally, I think I'll leave mine muffler stock- I need other parts worse!