Pics Up. Discard Last Post.

Hey and welcome to the club! I had the mesh at one time but dropped it in favor of the chrome grilles I kept seein around. Check it out; which one does everyone like more? I'm thinkin I'll put the mesh back in when I get my set of IS300 wheels which hopefully will be pretty soon.

Small_new_grille.jpg

Small_front_mesh.jpg

Personally, I like the chrome better. But the mesh is really nice too . . . some people might think it is a little too much (or ricerish).

Lex, how on earth did you get your car so clean?! It looks immaculate! Your headlights are perfectly clear too . . . have you taken them apart to clean them out?

Regards,

Bryan

one thing good about Lexus cars is that the more-subtle touches actually adds to the self-assured persona of the cars. most the time, the obvious '"look at me" items on them says 'trying too hard'. the spinner wheels, etc. look ghetto. the mesh looks good, but better on the cars little boys with the big mufflers drive. the chrome's solid, confident.

My car is clean isn't it? B) I wash it every week :blushing: but really it came to me that way; it's got like 2 dime size dents on the whole car...period. Like 3 scratches and no bug and stone chips at all on the front bumper, and yes, the headlights look brand new (I think they are; I'm pretty sure my car's been involved in some sorta very light front end accident b/c the hood doesn't line up perfectly Lexuslike, but it's really hard to notice) Alright, I'll stick with the chrome. But let's not knock the mesh too much-I'm sure jules is very proud of his/her car and righfully so; I can tell they spent more time on theirs than I did on mine and it shows. It's just a difference in personal preference. All my friends LOVED mine when I did it, and I've had quite a few requests to put it back how it was, but I like the chrome better myself. I feel it much better fits the car, given the rest of my chrome trim (door handles, side striping, used to be inside which I've since stripped also). The chrome grille was hard; I used, very meticulously, that chrome trim tape everyone talks about. It was a pain in the !Removed! and it's starting to come off in the corners. Need a more permanent solution...it gets the point across though :lol:

Ooops, sorry jules ! i was responding to Lex's multiple choice question. As far as the mesh work on yours, it is truly impressive what you've done. the hood grille work looks meticulous - so was the airdam one being flush around the lights.

Jules-leave it man, it looks awesome. Kudos to you! I like how you cut out for the foglights. If I woulda spent more time with mine I would've liked it enough to keep it, but it was sorta sloppy so I got tired of it. As for the chrome tape, I bought mine at Advance Auto parts. I'm pretty sure most any car part place carries it. Maybe even Wal-Mart, if you have those in Wisconsin ;) It takes some practice to make it look good, but it can be done.

PS electro-I love the LX450, especially in white or black. You've got a nice collection from the sounds of it! B)

• 2 weeks later...