Sulfur Damage From Shell Gasoline

blake918

I don't know if everyone knows this or not, but Shell shut down several of its gas stations in LA all the way out to FL. Elevated traces of sulfur were found in their gasolines which has lead to many broken gas guages. I fill up with nothing but Shell premium, and I have noticed that my needle has been acting funny. I just filed a claim online with Shell for my '95 LS400. I have every single recipt for fill-ups since I got the LS back in March along with my own vehicle mileage(at fill ups) and fuel consumption spreadsheet. Lexus of N.O. gave me an estimated price of $400-$600 for repairs. Shell better get ready to pony up for my repairs; I've used their gas since March with no problems, and now other people and I have these gas gauge problems that seem to be more than a coincidence. Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone spoken to Shell about how they will repair our cars?

Here's a link to the story from a local N.O. paper: http://www.nola.com/search/index.ssf?/base...183560.xml?nola

Shell's online claim form: http://www.interactclaims.com/shell/GL/shell.jsp & http://www.countonshell.com/

well i fill up with shell most of the time but havent noticed that. anyway by law there isnt supposed to be sulfur in gas so i think if there is that public of a problem you should be able to got your money.

well i fill up with shell most of the time but havent noticed that.

This batch of bad gas went to LA, MS, AL, FL, and TX(?). Only southeastern states were affected.

:cheers:

anyway by law there isnt supposed to be sulfur in gas so i think if there is that public of a problem you should be able to got your money.

You are right. However, the concern here was the kind of sulfur and the amounts of this particular type of sulfur. Our(LA's) attorney general is the process of questioning Shell about this outbreak of gas gauge problems for us Shell consumers.

:cheers:

well i fill up with shell most of the time but havent noticed that. anyway by law there isnt supposed to be sulfur in gas so i think if there is that public of a problem you should be able to got your money.

Fuel from South America has a lot of sulfur. It's usually sold in so called *supermarket* outlets. High sulfur fuel that's sold in the U.S. caused BMW to replace a lot of V8 short blocks before they changed the type of cylinder liners they were using.

almost every gm has a gauge problem attributed to shell gas including my wifes gas gauge

i no longer use shell anymore as i hav for 8 years 100%

now i get better milage by using sunoco and perfomance out of all my cars

as well as my wifes car no longer has a gauge problem anymore funny enough

down over here on the rock i live on we probably only have 1 refinery and maybe 2. so well i would assume its all the same but i filled up at 76 and well the car felt different... like noticeably and my milage went up too!