Sc400 fuel problem

Dav0

Hey, I have a 1992 sc400 and I love it! But I’m having problems starting my car. I tried to start the car one morning and all it did was crank. I got starting fluid and it wanted to start but had trouble. So I thought it was a fuel issue. I got a new fuel pump and I tested the fuel pump control. And it still will not start. So if you would know what the issue could be plz let me know! 

Have you checked for codes? That's the first thing you should do. Here's a good site for doing this in a pre-1996 vehicle that has an OB1 connector.

OBD1 Codes - Trouble Code List & Reading (GM) (mechanicbase.com)

I know it specifies GM but it also states that most codes should be the same for other vehicles.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought an ob1 connecter and it didn’t read any codes. I bypassed the ecu fuel module and the fuel pump primmed. But the car is still cranking. But I bought an ecu fuel pump module and the fuel pump lost all power. 

There's a specific sequence of checks that should be done when a vehicle doesn't start. If you want to do your own repairs, having a factory owner's manual would be very helpful. The "Car Care nut" youtube channel can be helpful, also. The commentator is a Toyota mechanic who also works on Lexus vehicles.

• Like 1